home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Open House Sunday

Los Angeles Cottage
built 1922
The front yard of this cottage is of a fairy tale.
 There is whimsy in this garden.
 Love the lanterns on the front porch. 
 A patio off the front stoop is a nice touch.
Just as pretty in the day light.
Nice big rooms. That fireplace tile is unfortunate.
I'd have fun creating a new fireplace more fitting this home. 


I love how you can walk out of the kitchen and on to the deck. 
 cute kitchen
 oh...copper farm sink!

 Love me a stove nook


Fire engine red washer and dryer parked in a special place all their own.
 bedroom is rather bland
 but it opens out to the deck
Now this is where all the living in done.
I love that outdoor sectional. 
 The patio lights add magic
 more lanterns



A perfect spot for a perfect California night.
see full listing here


 Tonight is the first episode of the first half of the last season of Mad Men.
I can't wait!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The outside of this home is like my dream. A fairy tale cottage!

vintage girl at heart said...

Now that is outdoor living! Love the kitchen too.
Happy Sunday!

Stacey said...

Yes please! I'd take that one in a heartbeat. ♥

Heidi said...

The outside and patio are amazing. The inside is lovely but kind of "meh" for my taste. (Except for the red washer and dryer-- LOVE!)

Cindi Myers said...

I could be very very happy living there.
And whoever thought to photograph it at night is brilliant.

Milla said...

Those outdoors are dreamy. And those photographs...excellent. Great collection!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The outside is definitely inspiring and the inside has so much potential!