home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HGTV HOME Fabric Review

Earlier this month I was sent two yards of the new HGTV Home fabric carried exclusively 
by Jo-Ann Fabrics.
They are on sale right now at Jo-Ann's plus you'll get an extra 10% if you print and use the coupon 
at the end of this post. 
I loved the pattern they sent me. This print also comes in a few other color stories too.
The fabric is 100% cotton and is of a very substantial weight.
It sewed up very nicely and was easy to work with.
There are several other prints I'm anxious to use also.

I walked around my house for quite awhile trying to decide exactly what I was going to do with it.
Finally, I decided upon my guest room.
I haven't shown it since I brought in this vintage rattan headboard.
I'd bought the comforter at Ross a couple of months ago.

The HGTV fabric complimented it well.
I love fabric covered shades and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to make one.
Just a little hot glue and some gimp on the inside to cover the raw edge and my shade was done!
I never liked the original shade that was on this lamp.
Next, I wanted a pillow for the bed. The obvious choice was to use the coordinating houndstooth 
fabric on the backside...but I wasn't feeling it.  
Instead I made a pleated ruffle using the fabric left with a rough edge. I unravelled the edge a little.
I really love how this turned out. 

This is just a fabulous new line of fabric.
I have to say I hadn't been in a Jo-Ann's in a couple of years. 
I'd given up on their upholstery fabric. They never had anything I liked.
But it's totally revamped now...there were many upholstery fabrics I loved.

And the HGTV fabrics were stand outs!

Just print the coupon to get 10% off!


There is also a HGTV Fabric @ Jo-Ann's Pinterest page that shows many of the projects fellow bloggers have made from their same samples of fabric.

I think you'll enjoy seeing all the creative projects other bloggers whipped up.

sharing at


16 comments:

Loves Pink said...

Love what you did with your HGTV fabric! The pink comforter looks just like the new HGTV fabric "Julian" . Very nice to see a new room in your lovely home.

Ricki Treleaven said...

AH-dorable, Nita! I *heart* what you did with the fabric. Too cute!!! :D

Your guest bedroom is very pretty! I love the headboard and the comforter! Bonnie and I are ready to road trip your way to visit you and the weenies!!! (ha ha)

xo,
RJ

Adam Hazlett said...

Great job nita!
The lamp looks like it came from
Neiman Marcus! I thought for sure you grabbed that image off of a magazine cover. To think it's all yours! Beautiful!

Cindy said...

Your lamp shade and pillow are beautiful! I like the little pleated ruffle with the raw edge, very nice!
Those colours are so YOU!
Hugs, Cindy

Babs said...

Nita, LOVE the fabric. You did a great job and the lamp shade and pillow are gorgeous.

Maria said...

Those fabrics are so pretty! I love the colors and patterns, so bright and fun! And the lamp shade looks beautiful! :)

One More Time Events said...

WOW...beautiful ....love what you did! Very Nice!

Unknown said...

You clever girl! Great combination of fabrics and you got the proportion right. Looks great. AlexisfromTexas

Connie said...

Wow, your vision for a project always amazes me. It looks great.

Unknown said...

It looks gorgeous, Nita! I love what you did with the pillow. I'll have to check out JoAnn's I haven't been there in several years either.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

LOVE what you've done!! Very clever with the plaid trim. That comforter is adorable. Our Joann's just expanded, I need to run on over there with the coupon!
xo, Andrea

Debra@CommonGround said...

love love this fabric. now I'm wanting to make some new fun pillows!!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Your lamp and pillow turned out really cute. I love the raggedy edge ruffle on the pillow! Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

angela hodges abode said...

This is gorgeous! I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

I would love to have you!
Angela

Amy Chalmers said...

sorry i missed this one~i love this project Nita. I am inspired!!

DreamgirlLisa said...

I love the combo of the shade/pillow fabric with the comforter. And that comforter...love that! Wish I could find it now...