home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Garden Gates

Through the Garden Gate
New project here at my little cottage.
Yes, on top of all the other projects still unfinished.
A new fence and garden gate.
I've been pinning inspiration photos for awhile trying to figure out what sort of gate I want.
Something like one of these.
I want a pretty entrance to my backyard.
I've seen so many pretty options on Pinterest but when I go searching local 
fencing companies, I'm finding nothing at all like these.
I'm guessing I'll have to build the sort of gate I want.
This one would be perfect.
Perhaps I should just show this one to my fence builder and tell him to duplicate?


And if you are a regular reader of this blog...no...I still have not decided on the perfect
french doors for the house yet either.

The fence became a priority after the new sewer line was put in.
All my pretty wisteria had to come down to get the back hoe in to dig the huge hole for the 
sewer line.

So now that fence is in sad shape where the wisteria once was.
And that whole side of the yard...very bare.

I thought I wanted a solid wood gate but then it occurs to me the dogs won't be able to see out
and they do love to look through the gate to see whoever is coming so perhaps 
a metal gate like the one in the first photo would be best.

All photos from my Fences and Gates Board on Pinterest.

13 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a beautiful collection of garden gates!

Unknown said...

They are all so beautiful, how will you ever decide? Blessings to you Nita, Patti

Cindi Myers said...

http://www.petpeek.info/

Art and Sand said...

Beautiful gates to choose from.

Our old girl loves our iron gate which allows her to sit and look out and watch people walking down the lane. She loves to bark a hello to everyone. And, I like the peek to my back garden.

Good luck deciding.

"Create Beauty" said...

I've always adored gates and doors such as these....they are enchanting!!!!

~ Violet

Bente said...

Beautiful gardengates. Look forward to see which one you will have.

Have a great evening

Amy Chalmers said...

I have a lot of garden gates pinned too. so enchanting to have a gated garden. Secret gardenish.

angie said...

looooove your garden pics!!!!! angie from germany

Unknown said...

These are all beautiful gates. My vote is for the third one. I bet that if your fence guy can't make it for you he knows who can. Gate number three probably wouldn't be super expensive to build either.
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with more than a few unfinished DIY projects but the same thing happened to us with our patio doors. Surprise you need a new door you weren't planning on.
Can't wait to see what type of gate you pick.
Traci

Patti Willey said...

Yes! Wouldn't it be cool to find a salvaged rusty gate and re purpose it in your yard! Maybe even leave it rusty! Living room color????

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

How pretty these are. Our gate is just rounded at the top, but it was so easy to build. We hung a piece of yard sale iron to give it some charm. I agree with the comment above, it would be awesome to find a vintage iron gate at a salvage place!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Those gates are so inspiring. Can't you have your favourite one and put a little grid in it right at the perfcet hight for your dogs to have a peek?

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

the third and fourth ones are my favs. we have a similar gate, but no flowers... would love some greenery like this!