home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, April 29, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #99

Sweet Tweet Wallpaper
Oh...my wallpaper with sweet little parakeets all over it and roses and butterflies too!
Isn't that the prettiest? But it's fun too.
Love just about everything in that photo above.
It's so relaxed but pretty and special.

I went crazy picking favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday.
I really did try not to pick too many but there were so many I loved.
I have a lot to show here today...and I'm not even showing all the ones I was nuts for.

Let's get started...shall we?
First, Christine at Little Brags took something as simple as a clearance lantern 
and made it much better with just a little paint.
But the lantern is not the only reason I'm showing this vignette. 
She linked up her big basket bedside table a few weeks ago and I loved it then too...
with the old gate behind it. 
It's just a nice way to do the whole bedside thing in a totally different way.
Martha Leone Design is always showing up here.
This is a really great mid century tallboy dresser painted in a wonderful shade of yellow.
But I have to say her child's painting on top is the perfect accessory.
Jean Selep loaded her hutch down with gorgeous vintage floral china.
Love the layers and layers of china..mixed with bunnies for spring.
Of course the wall color and the chandi are very nice too.
Beth at Make Me Pretty Again took an old 1960's television cabinet, painted 
and stained it in a great way. 
I used to think old tv cabinets were the worst of the worst...but this makes me want one. 
Doesn't it you?
Who doesn't love a wondrous kitchen make over? And this one is wondrous!
Erin of It's A Wannabe Decorator's Life painted her wood stained cabinets 
and put in new tile and countertops and this is what she has now. 
Oh...new appliances added to the effect also.
It's so fabulous...oh...I want.
Andrea of Cottage and Broome filled her kitchen window with these bright rustic pots of succulents.
Margaret of River Run Antiques and Crafts painted this vintage dresser 
with Miss Mustard Seed paint and let it do what it likes to do. 
I love how it chipped in a way that showed off the fancy details.
Ok, lastly...I could not resist these two!
Tea in Texas has a lovely post about blue bonnets and a pretty table setting
and taking photos of her dogs. But I just had to share these two. One still a baby. 

I almost adopted a collie once...
I still think about her and wish I had.

Share your Mod Mixes for this week below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice start to my Monday as I sit at my computer with my coffee. Thanks for featuring my yellow tallboy. I love your blog... great style always.

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Nita, Thanks for another great party! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,

Love those collies!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Thank you so much Nita!! You're a swwetheart for featuring me!
Erin

Unknown said...

What a pleasant surprise to see my white dresser on your Mod Mix Monday. You have a beautiful blog, it is something to inspire to. Thank you for featuring my piece! Margaret

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

The featured sweet tweet room is something else! Don't know if I could love with the busyness...but it sure is sweet!
Hope your week is Extraordinary!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the link party! I hope everyone has a great week! :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, the kitchen and the puppies! Love it! Thank you for hosting. Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Laurel Stephens said...

Lovely finds! I grew up with a collie named Lady. Best dog! Thanks for hosting, and have a great week!

Unknown said...

Wow Nita, you really do have some amazing features this week. That bird wallpaper is fabulous! Thank you for hosting once again. Blessings, Patti

Crystelle Boutique said...

An outstanding party once again! We really appreciate all of your hard work….
Have a happy Monday…. :)

hugs x
Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Christine at Little Brags said...

Hi Nita, first off I am so excited that you featured my lantern and guest bedroom...yay..what a nice start on Monday morning!!!! and thanks for the party ..I love to hang out here on Monday mornings..lOL

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Nita; great features this week. Such a lot of work behind each one. Thank you for hosting.
Denise

Vidya said...

I love your style -- Mod Vintage :) all the decor here looks so elegant!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting Nita!!

xo, Tanya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting :)

Cottage and Broome said...

Nita, Thanks you so much for featuring Andrea's succulents post!!! That was a happy surprise! I love that birdie wallpaper so cute, it looks like a fun room. Thanks again for the feature and hosting this week, Laura

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

That top photo is so lovely... it's a happy room, if that makes sense.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for hosting. That kitchen also caught my eye last week!