home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Turquoise Inspiration

Just Because
Oh...I'd live in this apartment.
Can you imagine living in a vintage turquoise building?
Love this chippy turquoise cart.
I'm designing a new garden gate for my backyard and this one is very inspirational.
Lilacs tucked in a drawer...perfectly romantic.
A collection of turquoise glass in a tray. 
What a great way to decorate a table.
Now this is a flower bed! 
crusty perfection
An awning never looked so good. 
This room amazes me! 
The patina in this place could not be faked.
It's rustic glamour.

I never tire of turquoise. These images all collected in my 

I think I could paint everything in my house turquoise and be happy.
But what makes turquoise great is having it as the accent against a bunch of plain vanilla.
I think...don't you?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I would happily live in this gorgeous building, such a cheery color no matter where it is. Thanks for all these inspirational pictures.
Traci

Stacey said...

I really agree with you. I love turquoise mixed with pink, red, yellow..it's all beautiful.

The Sterling Cherub said...

I knew I liked you for a reason - turquoise (and aqua, and all shades in between) is my absolute favorite color in the whole world, and has been for many years, so I guess I'm sticking with it! It's so serene and calming - all of the "sea" colors are, and yeah, I could paint everything I own in shades of turquoise/aqua and probably not tire of it. *Sigh!* So pretty, and you picked some excellent examples of it!

Best,

Kimberly

"Create Beauty" said...

All so pretty and inspiring!

I love turquoise as accent colors!
~ Violet

My Little Bungalow said...

Turquoise is a really fresh, cheerful color, isn't it. I love turquoise jewelry, too. It says "summer" to me.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Lovely inspiration photos. I love the room with the chippy turquoise cart.

Scribbler said...

Yep! And those pops of bright pink and purple from the flowers make it even better.

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

OH I adore turquoise. I have been searching for ways to incorporate this into my kitchen. It is such an uplifting colour.

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration. I love turquoise too. I had a dream for a while there to have a many shades of blue bedroom. I did paint my girls room a cornflower blue which is a color that is fantastic with turquoise and changes so much with the light.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love it when I was a teenager I wanted turquoise kitchen appliance that just came out in the 60's

Patti Willey said...

Vanilla and Pink! Swoon!

Cindy said...

I agree, I love turquoise, too. It is especially nice with vanilla and pink.
Hugs Cindy

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D Wowser, I've missed A LOT of *awesome* posts over here....having fun reading your blog this evening.

xo,
RJ