Edgar and a Little Spook
Just a little more Halloween craftiness.
These were my supplies for this candle holder.
A simple candle holder from Michael's, spray adhesive and Martha Stewart glitter.
I filled the glass holder with paper towels and taped up to the edge on the inside
to keep glitter from getting on the inside.
Then I sprayed the whole thing and let it dry just a minute to let the glue be tacky...not wet.
Then sprinkled with glitter in silver and smoky quartz.
I alternated colors and rubbed the glitter all around with my hands so that it covered
every bit of the surface and gives a surprisingly smooth texture.
I printed Edgar out on photo paper from my computer and added striped tissue paper
around the edge that I crimped into a ruffle as I glued.
I then put black glitter around the edge of the photo.
The bat trim also came from Michael's.
They had little packages with several Halloween trims included.
I also got the cutest little orange pom poms. Not sure what I'll do with those yet.
Probably will use next year.
Inside I put a led candle.
I got these at Big Lots yesterday. I hadn't seen them before.
They are larger than the usual tea lights.
Which is good because they sit up taller and put the light higher up in the candle holder.
And no switch on the bottom, instead there is a sensor that you blow on to turn it off and on.
Amazing...just like a real candle.
I suppose these would not work well outside but inside they are perfect.
While I was taking photos in the living room of my new candle...
I became aware of a strange presence. A wicked little soul.
An uninvited visitor.
A friendly spirit perhaps....but one that plays tricks just the same.
Oh...he's becoming more visible.
There he is.
It's the Great Newman!
Perhaps he's not so scary.
I had several people write me and ask about my Halloween wreath.
They asked if I made it.
I sort of did.
I found the center black glitter wreath design last year at Garden Ridge.
It's flat plastic covered in black glitter.
I just loved everything about it.
But of course, it alone hanging on my door did not show off the design.
So I bought a styrafoam flat wreath form at Michael's.
I wrapped it in orange satin ribbon and hot glued it in place.
Then hot glued the black wreath on top of the orange ribbon covered one.
I then attached those on top of a grape vine wreath.
Then outlined that with a garland of orange berries that I'd had for several years.
With some work, you could copy this look by drawing a wreath design on cardboard
and then cutting it out with an exacto and covering with black paint and black glitter.
It would be some work...but it could be done.
I'll show my outside decorations tomorrow.