home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gashlycrumb Tinies

A Favorite of Mine for Halloween

Each year at this time...I pull out my copy of Gashlycrumb Tinies.
If you don't know about this book...it's an alphabet book.

Here are a few pages.
It is just charming and I give it as a Halloween present often.




I found this video on YouTube that someone compiled of the whole book 
which takes it to the next level. 
I must say...
it takes away a little of the quiet charm but I laughed out loud several times.
And it's perfect for Halloween.


Who is your favorite Gashlycrumb Tiny?
Mine is Neville by far.

7 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Nita - Looks like somebody's a huge fan of Halloween. I noticed that your last few posts are devoted to them. I luv your new cute Halloween header too! Although I'm not such a big fan of Halloween, I am having a Halloween High Tea party. Wish you could come :-)
-marie

Natasha in Oz said...

Nita, I have never heard of this so thank you so much for introducing the Gashlycrumb Tinies to me! My 10 year old son is going to love this youtube clip!

Best Halloween wishes,
Natasha.

Karen Sabrsula said...

Looks like such a fun book! I don't do a lot of Halloween since we live in the country and get zero Trick or Treaters! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I hope you will visit often as I have so much more in store!
Happy Painting!
Karen

Unknown said...

Love your Halloween banner! Have you finished your Halloween decorating yet?

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I had never heard of this book. The video was funny in a gruesome kind of way. But it did make me laugh. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Love this book and everything by Gorey! For christmas last year I got a good friend of mine drinking glasses with some different Gorey cartoons -he loved them!

The House of Healy said...

I have never heard of this, but my friend and I have a dark sense of humor and I just LOVED this. She's very Gothic, so I'm aiming to get her a copy for Christmas because she'll treasure it year-round.