home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #50

Junky Mod Vintage Mix
I will admit...I am not into junk decor very much.
But this room might change my mind.
That light fixture is pretty darn great.
Even the crate shelves on the wall and the spool tables speak to me.
But then any room with bits of turquoise draws me in.
How about you?
Do you love junk in your interiors?
I think junk is this decade's "country".

I'm late getting this up again.
I had to work all weekend and do the "Yard of the Month" for my neighborhood.
I'll have photos of that this week.

Let's see my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday are...
Speaking of turquoise...that color just "makes" this transformation by 
This pantry has had several reincarnations but turquoise paint was just what it needed.
Debra of Common Ground started off showing some super cute new pillows she
bought for her furniture out back. But I had to share her potting bench included in the post.
Aren't those old drawers perfect instead of baskets? She put this potting bench
together from things she had on hand last year. I love it.
Pinecone planted succulents in discarded vegetable cans.
I know I said I wasn't into junk...but these are pretty cute.
Shannon of Fox Hollow Cottage shared changes in her kitchen.
I especially loved the open shelving with a green patterned backing.
The fresh lilacs add to the romance.
Aimee of Twigg Studios showed how great simple flowers look in a row of wine bottles. 
Just charming...aren't they?
And finally, my good friend, Amy of Maison Decor has been so busy setting up her new shop.
She is a super woman, I tell you. 
She gets more done in a day than I do in a month. Seriously, she really does.
She painted this antique with chalk paint and it's a stunner.
She sells chalk paint in her new store and gives painting classes.
She's been busy painting everything with chalk paint including fabric.
You have to see to believe.

I said last week that I'd show my latest Craigslist find.
Here it is....
This is the bad Craigslist photo.
This will be my new kitchen island! 
I'm super excited about it.
Of course it needs a revamp. I have to make it taller and put it on wheels.
Also want either a carrerra marble top for it or stainless.
But I don't have the budget for either...so we'll see what I come up with.
It cost me $20. 
Franklin loves to sit on that bottom shelf. 
Weird boy.

On to this week....please link up your Mod Mix's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


24 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Nita, What wonderful features here today. For some reason you "dropped" from my blog roll. Weird...anyway, I found you again! That is a great looking table you found here. It will make a great island.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday- I am off to visit a couple of your featured blogs. xo Diana

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

I can't wait to see what you do with your new find!! I think it will make a fabulous island!
Looking forward to see the finished project!

Hugs,
Deb

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Thanks for hosting! Love your CL find! Megan

aimee said...

thankyou so much for featuring me. have a great day xxxx

ANNE said...

Thank you for the feature! All the projects you featured are great. Love the new island - can't wait to see what you do with it!!

Have a happy week,
xox

Ricki Treleaven said...

Nita, your Craig's List find will make a great kitchen island! :D I hope you can find marble for the top. Sometimes stone companies sell marble with either slight flaws or pieces that are left over from larger jobs at great prices.

The inspiration room for this week is intriguing. I usually do not like junk decor, either. I have a couple of chip pay architectural pieces and salvaged wood picture frames in my home and that is it. But I think the reason why this room works is all the white paint. It proves my theory that white paint can make a room given the correct circumstances. I love the pops of turquoise in it, too.

xo,
RJ

Amy Chalmers said...

Thanks for featuring me this week Nita~! Hey I think the island is gonna be fantastic...and when you post it, please include at least one pic of Franklin sitting on that bottom shelf!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love Anne's makeover and I've been following Amy's adventure on her new store. Wish I lived in MA so I could see the store in person! Thanks for hosting!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Nita, I can't wait to see how your kitchen island turns out! You are so creative, I know it will look fabulous!

ciao

garages said...

I found your post is really helpful for me.. thanks.. keep posting good articles..

Shannon Fox said...

Nita, I know that is going to be a perfect island. You will Nita'fy it right up! I can picture it now ;)

Thanks for including my kitchen in the features. Those were some great ones. The drawers on the potting bench, Amy's paint makeover, the aqua pantry, succulents, and flowers... All wonderful =)

allisamazing said...

Great features! Thanks for hosting.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Fun features - great Craigs list score! Can't wait to see your new island!
Kelly

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

Thanks for hosting the party! This is my first time linking with you. I'm following on Bloglovin'.

Susan Freeman said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your new craigslist piece. I know it will be great!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Can't wait to prowl through your links this week!

Scribbler said...

Thanks for stopping by and for hosting! You would love the EAstern Shore area as it is called. Mobile itself is quite historic, and there are interesting things to see over there, too.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

I sure enjoy your blog, and all of your beautiful projects that you've done for your home. Also love the Weenies! (We have cats, so not sure if Weenies and cats would mix--also live in an old Craftsman-style bungalow, with a lot of stairs--not sure the little legs could maneuver easily here!) Thank you for hosting the link party, and can't wait to see what you do with your CraigsList desk!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Features! and yes, I love to decorate with junk. Inside and outside, not sure why, just do, and it fits into my budget well, cause it's usually free! I'm now a follower and linked up to your party!

Mary Ann said...

Sorry, but I don't think even the light fixture can save that room, from the spools as tables to the crate on the wall, I just don't get it, LOL!

Cindi Myers said...

I used to be all about French Country, THEN it was Junk Industrial and now it's Mid-Century Modern but I still have a Junk mentality for the outside of my home. I LOVE the idea of plants in colorful cans, cool idea.
Boy, you are now quite the Craigslist Stalker! :D
You are really coming up with some great finds. I have a "pin" on how to paint a tabletop to look like marble... if you decide to go that way.
XOXO - Cindi

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Great shares! Can't wait to see that island transformed!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Nita, thanks so much for the shout out, my potting bench bows to you!!

The Office Stylist said...

Love the dresser with the chalkboard doors! Such an awesome idea!