home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dave Lowe Design's Halloween!

Battery Operated Flicker Flame
I've had several people write me and ask about the battery operated candles in my candelabra. 
I bought mine last year at Big Lots in the Christmas stuff. They may have them this year too. 
I haven't been by there to see. But I did a quick search on the internet and found a site where you 
can buy all kinds of battery operated candles.
I think I need a bunch more of these candles myself. I'd like to use them outside for a project.
Or make your own battery operated scary candles by following the tutorial that Dave Lowe has on 
his fantastic blog...

This candle was made with a toilet paper roll and hot glue. 
Dave has all the instructions on his blog. 
I'm definitely going to make some of these.

This is how that candle is going to be used.
His design to be used in this year's Yard Haunt.
Definitely a friendly ghost.

This is another blog I get lost in for hours.
sharing at

7 comments:

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Thanks Nita!! Now my cart is filling up over at that website. Every year I put pillar candles on the outside steps. It gets ready windy here on Halloween and the flames blow out. Finally an answer. Thank you! Loving the Halloween posts!!! My favorite holiday!

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...good...I'm so happy I could help.

Unknown said...

Nita...I used to be all about Halloween. The kids are nearly grown and half gone so I have gotten away from a lot of decorating...until I read your posts! Thanks for putting me back into the Halloween Spirit:)

Erin said...

You are awesome for showing all of the Halloween stuff, keep it coming, I am loving it!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love it!! Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

Marie said...

I love the Mantle! Your home is beautiful. The blog of Dave Lowe is amazing he is really talented. I am going to try his candle project.

<3 Bree

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Your home is all decked out for Béla Lugosi, I see. ;)

Thanks for sharing Dave's blog. I love getting ideas from other DIYers.

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/