home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Open House Sunday

Tudor Cottage in Atlanta
 
built 1935
 This precious Atlanta cottage looks very vintage on the outside but inside,
it's all brand new. I wish they'd left some of the original details intact.  
 Of course these photos were taken mid winter but you can tell the yard must be picture perfect in good weather.

 I like the large slabs of stone that create a front yard patio. 
It's more the suggestion of one
than really one...but I really like the look of this.
This is really something to file away in an idea file for future yard ideas for my own home.
The details on the outside of this house are just lovely.
 I'm in love with this living room. It's so light and bright!
I'm a sucker for a sofa like that, especially in that color.
I really like the lucite coffee table. 
It's just all very very pretty. Obviously original 1935 walls have been removed to make the space open.
I like that big gold table between the two chairs too.
 The kitchen has all the right things in it.
Aren't the bar stools pretty? Love the range hood.

 Obviously, this room has been opened up too so that the whole house is open concept.
It's nice but inside this old house now feels brand new.
Any old features are now gone. And I love an old house with old house details.
 But this house is very liveable...that is for sure.
Kitchen opens up to another living area. I'm sure this living area was an add on to the original house.
 It would be a great space to cook in.

 I like any house that includes a butler's pantry.
  Light and bright dining room just off the front living space.
 More of the back living area.
What is not to like? It's beautiful but again you feel like you are in a brand new house...not a vintage one.


 Master bedroom
Interesting built in - in the master bedroom.
Lots of marble in the bath...who doesn't like that?
Love this sitting area!
Outdoor fireplace on the screen porch is a plus.
Big nice back yard.
What do you think? Is it too modern on the inside or do you like it?
I don't like it when old houses are gutted and made brand new inside.
Build a new house if you want it all brand new inside.
But this is a pretty house...and wanted you to see.

See full listing here.



6 comments:

Pondside said...

I love the kitchen and the master bedroom built-in. Like you, I think it would have been better to have left some of the original details, but all in all it's a pretty house.

ANNE said...

I love this house!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What I like best about this house is that everything is DONE! I've lived in old homes all my adult life, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll never be done with repairs and home improvements. I could definitely move right into that home! Everything is done so nicely that I don't think I'd even miss the old features. And it has such wonderful curb appeal, too. Thanks for taking us along today, Nita!

Donna said...

The outside is beautiful and they did a good job on the landscape. I really want to like the interior but it just seems a little cold to me. Maybe it's the way they staged it. My favorite part of the house is the screened in porch with the fireplace and TV. Least favorite; the marble tile in the bath and kitchen laid in a herringbone pattern with the grain. I know I'm in the minority but it's just too busy for me.
Overall I have to agree with Vickie, it would be a true pleasure to move into a house that was completely done.
Thanks for the tour!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I really like the inside, but it just looks that it doesn't belong inside this house, if you know what I mean.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Hi Nita! I'm not sure I can find the words to express how much I love this house :) It's everything that buyers expect in this price range, too. I can tell you that kitchen alone would sell me on the whole thing! After spending so many years shut away from the rest of my family while I'm stuck in my little galley kitchen, I definitely hope I have an open plan like this in my future. I did like the few original details like the trim around the arched front door and the painted brick in the sitting room. But I also think the cabinetry and moldings are pretty spot on. I also love the ceiling in the back room, and who wouldn't swoon over that master bath. This house could have been like mine, with no original cabinets and built-ins, although who knows, in this price range. All I know is that I love it! Hope work is still going well for you, we haven't caught up in a while! Ok sorry, didn't mean to write a book here. Have a great week! xoxoxo!!