home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mod Mix Monday #180

 via
The week before Valentine's Day...is a time for romance and I think this is one of the most 
romantic and dramatic apartments I've seen in a long time.
I love the mix of feminine and masculine in this room.
First of course I love that huge vintage Hollywood photo.
But who would have thought a black leather chesterfield cold be romantic?
Pile on the floral and retro pillows and it is!

Here are my favorites from the last time we celebrated.


Let's start off Valentine's Week right with a bit of the antique Valentine collection from Penny's Vintage Home.
Jamie of So Much Better with Age made lots of clay valentine hearts.
precious

 
And this is Jamie's Industrial Vintage French Dining Room.
Lots of good ideas, here.
So Much Better with Age
Of course Darrielle of DD's Cottage is in my favorites of this group.
Is there anything she does that I do not love?
But Oh...My! I love the color and patina of this piece!
Take a look - up close...too pretty for words.

This is what Kim of Reposhture Studio has been up to. Making some cute chairs spectacular!
I really love how cheerful, colorful, liveable Sue's home is at Impromptu Home.
Just look at Mimi's New Vintage bathroom at Mimi's Vintage Charm.

Please join in this week's Mod Mix Monday!

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


17 comments:

Nicki said...

That room is amazing! So dramatic and romantic. Thanks for hosting!

Tante Mali said...

Wow, this is an absolutely adorable room. Love the combination!!! And you are so right, the black and white picture makes it perfect!
All my best and thank you for sharing
Elisabeth

Unknown said...

Thank you Nita. You always have the most interesting things to share. I can definitely see that Chesterfield couch as being a romantic place to be. Blessings to you dear lady!
Patti

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great features once again, Nita, and I love the first inspiration photo you chose! Thanks so much for hosting this week.
Vickie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Great features!!

Thanks for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vintage Paint and more... said...

What wonderful features this week, Nita. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful Monday. Cathy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What an amazing bathroom you featured!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Thanks for the feature, Nita, and thanks again for hosting!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you so much for the feature! It's always a pleasure to stop by and join the party....thanks for having us! hugs...

Pam Richardson said...

Thank you for the party, Nita!
Blessings, Pam (www.everydayliving.me)

DD's Cottage said...

Glad your party is back and thanks for the feature of my milk painted buffet!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi there...your vintage Valentine's drew me...love your display and home. Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for hosting.
Ruth

"Create Beauty" said...

So much beauty and inspiration!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Violet

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great party and just love that room.
Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Ann Marie said...

I'm glad you're party's back. I missed you. Thanks so much for hosting. Have a great week. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

Kim said...

As always you have great rooms to share and awesome features. Thank you for letting me be apart of them!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Thank you SO MUCH for featuring my dining room and clay hearts. I hope you're having a great week.
Hugs, Jamie