home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Open House Sunday

Historic Brookhaven Home
in Atlanta
built 1933
A classic tudor nestled among the trees
 This warm tudor is filled with warm antiques and art.

 Amazing fireplaces in this home. 
Interesting art and folk art furniture.
 But look at this kitchen! This kitchen is why I am showing this home.
I love the glass front fridge, the way the cabinets are built around the wall oven and the lights
above the counters! 
 Another great fireplace
Pretty built in with beverage sink. 
 Love the doors in this room and the dresser over to the right. 
I'm not sure who that is in the corner. Jesus? St. Francis?
Another large sculpture in this room too. Warm rugs are scattered every where. 
 I'm pretty sure that is Abe Lincoln standing in front of a portrait of Bill Clinton.
Nice big bedroom on an upper floor. Room of many rugs.
Adore this bath. Not sure about the quirky tables.
 wonderful porch
 down the stairs
 through the door
 and into a secret passage
 to find
 a wine cellar of distinction
Lovely back patio....with nice water feature
a bucolic view
surrounded by trees
 a perfect setting
for a perfect tudor
see full listing here
 After work on Friday, I stopped by the Old Farmer's Market and picked up
a Forever & Ever "Together" hydrangea.
http://foreverandeverplants.com/Plant.aspx?code=TB144&type=hydrangea

Look at those double blooms that will bloom all summer and into fall.

I'm not sure where this is going in the garden but it's going somewhere.
It may be going in a large pot.

Now I just have to find a large pot!
I'm having a hard time finding one. 

11 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

Great house Nita-thanks for sharing!

ANNE said...

That kitchen is definitely a showpiece!!

Sonia said...

Wow that is a showstopper of a home. I love the kitchen too! Glad you bought some hydrangeas...I bought two of the white ones called Peace, nothing prettier than hydrangeas in the garden!
Miss Bloomers

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for letting us knows this one. I'm glad to see your Interior designers orange county with kitchen Remodeling services. Very attractive design I like it. I will visit your blog everyday to look if there is an update, keep sharing.
modern-kitchen

Custom Comforts said...

Absolutely lovely! One gorgeous room after another and a wonderful yard too. I could do without the weird art and statues.
Cindy

Cindi Myers said...

Wow, that kitchen is AWESOME.
You know that I love White but THAT is simply perfect.
I wonder what the deal is with all the rugs? I would have to look under each one before buying that house, just to be sure they aren't hiding some awful water marks or something.
Cool house.
Thanks! xoxo

Vicki said...

Nice home. Great kitchen and fireplaces! I wonder if the homeowner is an artist and created those sculptures. At least Abe Lincoln wasn't standing next to the bathtub. :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love the home and the unique collections of the homeowner. Definitely not a cookie cutter home! Thanks for sharing, Nita.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Oh my, what a house!! I cannot get over that stone passageway!! Love that hydrangea too. Our Ross had some lovely large pots a week ago, in blues and greens. Huge, and they were only $34 I think? I wanted to buy some but we have blown our budget on other fun things lately like car repairs :( Happy Monday!! xoxo

Unknown said...

I have always wanted a house with a secret passage. Love the house but I am not sure about the furniture and art.
I hope you and all the weenies are well.
Traci

Bohemian said...

OMG that Secret Cellar is AMAZING! The entire Home is spectacular and so Tastefully Decorated as well. Dawn... The Bohemian