home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Perfect Patios

First of all let me say...I'm sorry Mod Mix Monday didn't happen this week.
I'll just pick my favorites and do it next Monday instead.
I've been trying to get my outside spaces together.
I'm so behind on everything since I'm working all the time.

But yesterday and today I spent shopping for pots for the collection of flowers and plants
I've brought home over the last month or so.

On Monday night...I hit Garden Ridge, yesterday I drove out to Statuary World
and today I went to Greenhouse at Norman, Oklahoma.

Pots are so expensive! I wanted a big turquoise one to plant my jade plant in.
I found one and at 39.99 and I thought that was pricey but 
further investigation showed me that it was actually a bargain compared to other places
where similar pots were twice as much.

Back to these patio photos....
Isn't that top one just the ultimate?
These first three I especially like because the houses are similar in color to mine.
truly love that crunchy pea gravel
much more elegant than my space
here I love the grass between the slabs and that big concrete ball!
I saw some of those today....oh my....I won't have one any time soon. 
 this stone patio is a hidden gem
 All of these would be perfect on the backside of my house. 

One day....one day.... 

13 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love these patios.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I hear you, Nita. It's hard to find time to get everything done and still be able to sit and enjoy summer a bit. I love the inspiration photos and I'm pretty sure there's a clever DIYer out there that could make that concrete ball out of a large children's ball covered with hypertufa (there are recipes out there to make the lightweight concrete mix). Have a good week!

Thehouseofhampton said...

Hi Nita,
The images are wonderful. I can relate to each one of them. It's hard to believe that pots are so expensive! They are...
Have a good week,
Sharon

Patti Willey said...

Ah! Imagine living in Italy or England where the scenery is so vintage and beautiful! Nice spaces you found here Nita!

DD's Cottage said...

Great spaces and love the inspiration! I have been looking at patios too for ideas to re-do ours.

Vicki said...

Exactly. I always think I'll have more free time in the summer, but it never works out that way. :) I wonder why pots are so expensive. You see them everywhere, so I would think stores would have excess inventory of last season's pots or something, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
Love those little tucked away patios you found!

Ricki Treleaven said...

All the spaces you've shared are gorgeous. We have saved for twelve years to re-do our 45 degree angled backyard with a craptastic deck. We're starting our project in a few weeks, and I can't wait! Super inspiration in this post. We are hoping to have a small patio area.

An Urban Cottage said...

I love all of these! I've been reworking my garden trying to get this lush look. It's not easy and I think it takes years.

Kit said...

Oh how I love crunchy pea gravel. I love a show where they are all done up in period garb and they are walking about, crunching away. :) Kit

"Create Beauty" said...

Gorgeous patios! I know what you mean about pots being so expensive. I planted flowers in many plastic pots on our back patio because of that. I'd rather spend the money on the plants! And, the flowers get big and you don't really notice the pots.

I would like a couple gorgeous ones out front though. If I can ever spend the money on them that is!

I hope you show us your patio when you are done!!!

~ Violet

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how you do it all Nita but I'm glad you Do and I'm glad you took a break to catch up on some of the things you've been wanting to do. The garden patios you've featured are amazing. SO much inspiration. Thank you dear lady.
Patti

Unknown said...

I love your posts and the pictures are like candy to me. I'm glad to hear you are not just leaving. So much would be missed! I check back monthly for great french goodies, and love everything about your posts. Do what makes you feel good. I for one love everything you post!
inspiring-garden

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Oh Nita! The patio photos that you shared are simply beautiful. I think I've looked at this post at least 3 time already. I've been working on our re-doing our patio for about 4 weeks now . . . new pots, rose trees, chairs, table, etc. It's taking me a long time to finish because I've been on the hunt for good prices . . . and I want our patio to have character, which means that sometimes the 'right' pieces come when you're not looking for them. Looking forward to seeing photos of yours when you're done!
Have a great week, Nita!
Suzanne