home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #117

Blue Bliss
Blissful that cabinet is surrounded by all that white.
For those of you asking if I painted my living room this weekend.
I did not.
But I will. 
I'm currently working on a project for Waverly Fabrics in conjunction with JoAnn Fabrics to reveal this week.
It might be the lamest sewing project in the history of Blogland.
I have walked around with this fabric for over a month trying to decide what do do with it.
It's Blossoms by Waverly
You'd think I'd be all about this fabric...wouldn't you?
I do think it very pretty.
But I've struggled with it. Tune in later this week to see what I end up doing.
It will be a surprise to both of us! Or should I say all of us.

But it was no surprise that there were many great projects linked up last week to 
Mod Mix Monday.
As usual...I was impressed.
I'm usually not into black furniture but this piece has changed my mind.
The Weathered Door created this black beauty....the glass knobs set it off perfectly.
If you read this blog then you know I adore a good outdoor room. 
Sonny of 155 Dream Lane has been busy reinventing her front porch. 
New floor and shutters still to come but I love the vibe she has going on here.
I'd spend many an afternoon out here.
It will soon be pumpkin time and Katie of Upcycled Treasures gave detailed instructions
on how to create your own paper book pumpkins.
Charming, aren't they?
Magali of The Little White House on the Seaside became a DIY Demon.
In a burst of creativity she created this paneled nook for her kitchen window.
All it took was a little inspiration from the internet and a little lumber.
I think she did an amazing job and this is one of her first ever projects!
Wow! Is all I can say about this new vintage kitchen created by Living Vintage.
I adore that ceiling and all the great details throughout. 
You should see the before...absolutely nothing like this.
I can't stop staring at that ceiling...I love it so much.
Silvia of Shabby Soul in Italy shared her new shabby bedroom.
Oh...I'd love to spend time sleeping in this room.
It's just too pretty...and her photography is outstanding too. 

Wonderful things, weren't they?

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


17 comments:

RealHouseWifeOfNOVA said...

wow! I want that buffet! that ceiling, oh my!!!
Lauren

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sonny G said...

Nita,,

thank you so very much for featuring me. I am truly honored..

Hopefully by next monday I'll have another project done to post..

xoxo
Sonny

LivingVintage said...

Thank you SO MUCH for featuring my new vintage kitchen today! It makes my heart sing to know that you and so many others love it! Blessings, Kim

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my paper book pumpkins! Hope you have a great Labor Day :)
~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

bj said...

I am not sure my post with Johnny Depp goes in ModVintage (well, he IS 50) but he's so easy on the eyes, thought your readers might like seeing so much of him. :))
Thanks for hosting.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Such wonderful features. Thanks for hosting Nita. Have a great week.
Joy

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Nita! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your Waverly challenge later this week. I enjoyed seeing the great features that you chose for your party.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Shabby soul said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting, and for featuring me. I am so honoured!
I'm linking a new recipe =)
Hugs
Silvia

Kathy said...

Amazing features - I love the vintage look to that fabric - looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
I appreciate you hosting,
Kathy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Nita, love the features (as always). Thanks for hosting, appreciate joining in. Have a great week.
Denise

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Great features! Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

You never do anything that is lame! Example....I've seen your awesome spice shelves all over Pinterest! Loved all of last weeks picks. I used to love black to death. Then I got away from it and now, I'm using it again. Remember...I have my sewing machine out all the time, if you need anything just let me know. As usual, thanks for hosting.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks a lot for featuring my window among those gorgeous pictures!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link party! New follower here, I'd love it if you'd follow back :)
http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love that ceiling! I would have a constant knot in my neck just staring at it. Beautiful.