Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Container Gardening

Just a little inspiration for Fall container gardening. 

I'm making stuff here and working....
show and tell coming soon.

Remember when I found this piece of furniture off Craigslist to use as 
a kitchen island?
(bad Craigslist photo)
I took the fold up ends off and added wheels and
it lasted in my kitchen about a month.
I kept having to roll it out of the way.

I went looking for a photo of it and realized I never took one.

I never showed it because I just wasn't happy with it.

It is now being used as a tv stand in the guest bedroom.

But this week I thought of the perfect solution.
It wasn't wrong... it was just too big. Even though it was was still to big for my kitchen.
I needed a really small and square island for my galley kitchen.
You'd think I needed rectangular but no....what I needed was square.

So I found a smaller piece of furniture at the most frugal place house!
I don't know why it never occurred to me to try it before.

I'll show soon...because I'm making it taller and adding a top to it and I do think 
this time
it will be just the perfect island.

I almost bought cabbages and pumpkins today for my urn outside...
but instead ended up getting stuff for my island. 

I have too many projects going.
I'm painting the living room and dining room, recovering an ottoman, creating a kitchen island,
making cloth pumpkins, painting a dog portrait and creating a Halloween craft for 
Jo-Ann's Fabric and Craft Stores.

I need to focus....just focus on one thing at a time. 
How Frustrating!


Suzan Sweatman said...

Isn't it hard to focus lol ???
LOVE those images - just gorgeous - all of them!

pam {simple details} said...

I love decorative kale ~ that texture is fabulous! Glad to know I'm in good company with focusing issues! :)

TiKiMOOSE said...

Damn, you go girl!

Cindy said...

I look forward to seeing your new kitchen island. Funny how things can all of a sudden fall into place. I love seeing all of the container gardens, my favourite by far is the window box with the black "trees" in them, wonderful looking!

Denise Duffy said...

It is frustrating, isn't it. I can't seem to prioritize, everything seems important. I can't wait to see your new kitchen island. I argued for years with hubby about getting one. Now that we have it, I think we both love it. I think you and those sweet pups will too!

Sharon in Chicago said...

I'm with Cindy -- the window box with the black branches over those blue windows is divine!

Can't seem to focus my -- oh, look, a chicken! (Creative ADHDers, unite)

Cynthia Myers said...

Great images!
I LOVE that kale!
and the window box with black trees is very cool and original.
I made a little island from a small cabinet that I took the back off of and the door and then added a butcher block cutting board for the top was too small and too square! I wish you lived down the street and I would have given it to you! But I did find a cool one at ReStore for $10! Wahoo! Just need to paint it now and add a towel rack! after I landscape the yard and paint all the rooms in my house and....

Kit said...

All so very pretty! I love the line of Kale, soooo gorgeous! Kit

Blogging tips