home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #118

Merci!
Who doesn't love a little Toulouse Lautrec in a room?
I doesn't! (no, I do, I do!) Notice the bits of orange in the room?
The ghost chair is nice. 
How is it that this looks good inspite of all those magazines stored on the bottom shelf?
The wallpaper in both rooms is pretty amazing. 
These rooms are interesting..that is for sure...and I'm intrigued.
(Oops! I didn't mean I don't love Toulouse Lautrec...of course I do! ...it was 2 in the morning when I wrote this and I totally misspoke!)
Time for another Mod Mix Monday.
Lots of good things in last week's linky party.
Here we go with my favorites from last week...
The Weathered Door painted a desk blue, added a lucite chair (which is amazing)
and a furry white rug. This desk went from ho hum to vavoom!
Anne of Design Dreams by Anne put together a wonderful potting bench. 
Isn't it inspiring?
Junk Chic Cottage has been busy creating Fall in her interiors. 
I love how this mantel came together. I'll admit it...a neutral Fall is a thing of beauty.
Oh, that Scribbler of Scribbler Unfocused is back with another great furniture make-over.
This one she painted the upholstery. It's perfect in her little dressing room.
Kim of Reposhture created a steam punk look in her office.
An old door becomes industrial steam punk art.

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

21 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Thanks so much for hosting Nita!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love the inspirational photo! I love Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, and if you haven't read Christopher Moore's Sacre Bleu you really should....You'd probably love it!

Take care, Nita!

xo,
RJ

the cape on the corner said...

thanks as always for hosting. happy Monday!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Love that chair!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Good Morning, Nita! Thank you for hosting, I love to join in on your parties! Great features! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

ANNE said...

Thank you for featuring my bench! What a nice surprise :)

Have a great week!

Scribbler said...

Thanks so much for featuring my funky little chair! You know I adore that TL photo -- years ago, before I ever started formally studying art history, I dived into everything I could find about him and his work at the library. This space is definitely my cup of tea! Or absinthe cocktail...

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks so much for the party! Have a pretty week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Great features this week. Thanks for hosting Nita, love joining in.
Denise

Doreen said...

Hi Nita
Happy Monday! I love starting out my week with a good cup of coffee and a good linky party! I'm linking up my "spiced up" spice rack, transformed and repurposed.
I love the potting bench you featured. I'm constantly inspired by creative people.
Doreen
http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

Dewena said...

Oh, Nita, dare I admit that there are 2 framed lithographs from Toulouse Lautrec in this old farmhouse? But you might like these. They're small, delicately tinted cream and aqua of horseback riders and I found them in an antique store back in the 1970s but they are dated from the 1940s. I know that a circus is politically incorrect today, probably even an old Parisienne circus, but I bet you would at least like the tender coloring in them.

I'll look forward to visiting your talented bloggers now!

Talesfromacottage said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Nita! I am your newest follower, and love your blog! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great party Nita!! xo

Junkchiccottage said...

Thanks Nita for the feature today. Fall is only on the inside we are having record breaking heat this week. Ughhhhh I wish it would go back to 70 and stay that way. Have a great week and thanks for hosting.
Kris

Nita Stacy said...

I misspoke - of course I love Toulouse Lautrec! It was 2am when I wrote this post and I thought I was being clever...but I was not...what I wrote came across as I don't like Toulouse...I LOVE Toulouse and would gladly have that print in my home!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Nita

Thank you for hosting this great party.

Vanessa

Laurel Stephens said...

Fabulous features, and that poster with the Eiffel Tower and Lucite chair is tres jolie! Thanks so much for hosting your party. Have a great week!

Kim said...

Thank yo Miss NIta for featuring my steampunk door but I want that orange chair! =0)

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Thanks Nita for hosting a party. :)

Dewena said...

That's so funny, Nita! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks people can read my mind and know what I really mean instead of what it sounds like I wrote! I should have know that an artist like you would have loved TL.

Nita, I finally have something you might like! Would probably fit in your house even! If you get a chance to look at my current post, please scroll down to the picture of the sweet lamp I bought to go with the gray and pink Italian fish majolica in my kitchen. The lamp has little pink fish on it and aqua colors too. I asked my readers advice on a shade and what Becky of Abbey Style Home said really makes sense.

Thanks, Nita, I appreciate it.