home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Outdoor Candlelight

Twig Lanterns
This post was a long time in coming.
Like a year.
Last year...I collected twig lanterns when I could find them on sale 
from different sources during the summer.
By end of summer I had seven of them.
**UPDATE**
I had several you ask where I bought my lanterns...
I found them at Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
I bought some remote controlled led outdoor candles last week at Pier 1
to burn in them, finally. 
I love that with one click I can turn them all on...flickering candlelight and no mess.
Really, the main reason I wanted to use these instead of real candles is I didn't want to turn the glass
inside all black. 
And I wanted to be able to leave them outside without worrying about them
melting. 
These candles are made of plastic instead of wax and they won't melt.
They are 20% off at Pier 1 through July 7th.
See them here

There was so much good stuff in last week's Mod Mix Monday that I'm showing off 
the stuff I loved that was garden related in this post.
Melissa of Daisy Mae Belle created a cute canning jar lid wreath but I'm really 
showing this because her backyard is so pretty.
Cindy of Sunset Coast painted this pot.
Isn't it fun! I love her use of color.
Penny of Penny's Vintage Home has a new fireplace in her garden made by someone she calls H.
I assume it's her hubby. How wonderful to have as a focal point in the garden.
Angi of Drakestone Primitives Country Cabin took a little metal table and added
some painted details making this perfect for use in the garden.
In His Grip spray painted a very sad little vintage tricycle pink and 
is now using it as a planter.
Isn't it precious?

Mod Mix Monday is still going on 

sharing at

7 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

Smart idea, Nita. So I guess it doesn't hurt them to get wet. I'll stop by Pier 1 this week.

I really like the look of the twig lanterns! I have a couple of candles in twig baskets with glass inserts. Once the candles burn down, I can use them!

xo,
RJ

"Create Beauty" said...

I enjoy those type of candles, a great idea to use them outside!

Love all the garden inspiration!!! I have an old trike that could be made into garden decor, I might run with that idea! I bought it years ago because it looked so vintage, never imagining it would be ridden, and here I am 4 grandkids later, all having had a turn. But now the handlebars won't turn the wheel, hard to ride when you can't control where you're going! hmmmmm, pink or aqua?

Happy Happy!
~ Violet

Anonymous said...

Love the twig lanterns! I love candles but am so paranoid about them since our house fire (started from lightning but never the less) and started using these battery operated candles last Christmas. Your lanterns look wonderful grouped together.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'm really big on LED candles, too, much more convenient and last a lot longer! I also have two similar outdoor lanterns that I absolutely LOVE! Yours look great!

srpprcrftr said...

I Haven't seen any of those twig lanterns til your post, they look great, the texture would look good in or out. The led candles are great idea so no sparks go flying to start fires. CO has so many bad fires going on for weeks now, it's so sad.
Please could we all send prayers to firefighters families who lost their loved ones in AZ? It just makes me feel so helpless and sad for them.

Nita Stacy said...

I found my twig lanterns at TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby and Marshall's...for all of you interested.

Cindi Myers said...

Oh! I had no clue that those little lights existed. How cool.
Perfect with your twig lanterns.
They look so nice! love them!
This post makes me want to get back outside and work more on my garden.
Such great picks!
(but I really need to finish some inside projects, darn.)
anyway, thanks again for a great post!
xoxo