home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Garden Rust

Romantic Rustic Rust
Is there any better place for a little rust?
In the Garden for sure...
Like the garden object is going back to nature....to be one with the soil again eventually.
White garden chairs are always better with a little rust.
Rusted objects peak out amid green foliage.
A forgotten gate.
Climbing roses entwine this rusted fence.
A perfect garden urn...rust and roses.

Thanks for all your kind comments about my paintings the other day.
Next to paint on my list is portraits of the weenies.

I must take a photo of Harvey.
He has lost weight.
I put him on a diet a couple of months ago and he's still chubby but not so.
He's got a spring in his step.

Funny thing is...he is not the one asking for food all the time.
I am spoon feeding them so I can control how much each one eats.

Violet is the one demanding food all the time. 
So I guess before Harvey was mostly eating out of boredom.

I think he's lost about 5 pounds. 
I need to weigh him.

I took tours of two gardens in the neighborhood this week.
I'll show soon. 

Have an Awesome Saturday!

13 comments:

www.mysoulfulhome.com said...

Thank you for all this beauty! Rust & roses...that is one of my favorite combinations! Just lovely!! I think I have to pin these photos.
Have a lovely weekend!
Kelly

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

What great news about Harvey's weight loss! And Violet -- too funny.

Thehouseofhampton said...

Nita,
I was in ahhhhh of your paintings. I'd love to see the weenies done.

Sharon
@novaraway

Dewena said...

These garden and rust pictures are delightful, as are your words with them. It's hard to describe to people who think all rust ought to be cleaned up the reason we rust lovers like it just the way it is. I have 2 rusty fence panels and one gate and you've given me ideas of how I can more effectively use them!

And please do paint the weenies!

Stacey said...

Oh how I'd love to have some of those old rusty gates!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love a little rustic in the garden! It just adds tons of character!

Sonia said...

Oh those are great rusty pieces! Love old stuff in the garden! Working on my little area in the garden and hope to have it finished soon. Enjoy your weekend!
Miss Bloomers

Caron Michelle said...

Absolutely stunning - love how the pics takes you back to another era.

Patricia said...

Thank you for validating my design choices!

My garden in Miami, FL is currently lush with bougainvillea, bromeliads, heliconia, blooming ginger, orchids and fabulous ferns. My white iron outdoor furniture is definitely showing some rust. I thought of scrubbing and scraping and painting, but the longer I looked at the tables and chairs, the more I liked the rusty look. It is much more romantic. I think pristine white paint belongs with mowed lawns and manicured yards. The bit of rust ads to the bucolic look of your garden - and mine!

Mimi said...

I agree with Patricia- the rust adds an element of romance and decay which is so pretty- love it!

Laurel Stephens said...

What a nice way to start my morning with these gorgeous photographs. Thanks!

Tarnished Royalty said...

Love a little (or a lot) of rust in the garden! Such gorgeous photos! Happy Sunday! ~Ann

vintage girl at heart said...

Rust just makes everything more charming! I love this time of year before it gets too hot to enjoy being outside.
We saw and talked to your sister at the flea yesterday. We talked weenie babies of course! Love hearing about their antics!
Have a great day!