home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #101

Birds Fly
Why Oh Why? or rather My Oh My!
Flying bluebirds for wallpaper...flying over the clouds...perhaps over the rainbow?
Love this wallpaper and love it used in this setting. 
The only thing I am not loving here is the rug. 
I can't endorse that navajo rug. 
I really think we need a little neutral introduced or perhaps nothing at all.
But all else is wonderful.
Layla at The Lettered Cottage is using this wallpaper in her bathroom redo.
Discuss among yourselves.

Here are my favorites from last week's party.
Melissa of Daisy Mae Belle shared her garden setting gone to the birds
and dogs. She grouped birdcages together in the backyard.
Laura at Whimsical Perspective reminisced about when her house 
was clean before her current projects. 
She took us on a tour of her home. 
This corner of her house is so lovely.
Thee Velvet Glove named this new furniture makeover Calamity Jane.
She is a cowboy rose for sure.
Restoration Redoux is back with this turquoise number.
This piece of furniture was UGLY before and now it's scrumptious!
Furniture - Ology made this roman shade from fabric and cheap mini blinds.
I so want to try this!
Debra of Common Ground is the Queen of Romancing a Vignette. 
This one includes lilacs for spring. I've studied this arrangement and I think what really makes 
it work is that gray shutter behind all. It pulls everything together. 
And finally...Janet at The Gardner's Cottage found this adorable chair 
at a local estate sale complete with shabby slipcover for $50!
She mixed it with a modern trellis patterned pillow for a great look.
This chair is just beyond perfect in her cottage.

Share your Mod Mixes for this week below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.
and

I'm giving away two copies of this book....go to my post about it here to enter.

20 comments:

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Nita, Thanks so much for the feature! And, for hosting us again! Life to the full! Melissa

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Nita, thanks so much for being our lovely hostess for Mod Mix. Such a fun party! Blessings! Wanda

Anonymous said...

Nita, linked up a recipe on accident doesn't really fall into old and new except the dish is old and the food new.;-) Fell free to remove it. Thanks, your a sweetie.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Nita, those are some beautiful features! Thank you for hosting. Have a pretty week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

the gardener's cottage said...

thanks nita. i'm continue to be stunned at your readers skills and talents. it really is amazing what they can do with a paint brush and their imagination!

Cottage and Broome said...

Nita, I agree love the wall paper but that rug seems to harsh with it. Love the pink dresser from last week. Thanks for hosting again this week, Laura

Unknown said...

That bird patterned wallpaper is gorgeous! Thank you so much for hosting and have a terrific week Nita. Blessings, Patti

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring my Calamity Jane :) Have a great week. Love your blog.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Nita, thanks for hosting. Love the blue bird wallpaper.

Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Love your features this week. Thank you for hosting Nita, love joining in.
Denise

Christine at Little Brags said...

Thanks Nita once again for the Partyyyyy

Shanna768 said...

Nita, thanks so much for featuring my aqua table! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hi there, and thank you for the party, I'm happy to be able to link up. (I agree about the rug - not quite right there... Oh, well, to each his own!) Have a great week!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Nita, thanks so much for featuring my entry!! I'm linking up my sunporch, sorry to be so late!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I too am smitten with the flying bluebird wall paper. It's pretty...whimsical...and classy all at the same time.

Hope your week is Extraordinary!

One More Time Events said...

Great Features... thank you for hosting. Would love it if you would come by and share some of your great projectshttp://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/05/share-it-one-more-timemay-features-and.html

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for a great party Nita, hope you have a wonderful week!

xo, Tanya

Furniture-Ology said...

Thanks for featuring our DIY Roman Blind Project! AND thanks for hosting this lovely party! Happy Blogging :)

Amy Chalmers said...

Iloved alot of these features Nita. You are getting some awesome participation here at your party! I hope to join in~miss ya. working like a dog...xo