home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #103

I love the mix of things in this kitchen. It's very old and new.
Even the way the chandeliers are wired together adds interest.
I love a big antique mirror in a kitchen...so unexpected!
The cabinets are a little too rustic for my taste but I adore all else.

So much stuff I liked in this past week's Mod Mix Monday that I am featuring eight different things I loved.
That's ok, it's my blog and I can if I want to.

Here they are!
Revi of Revisionary Life showed how to create your own faux aged mirrors.
I have to say I'd been thinking about doing this myself. I love the look of aged mirrors but it seems a lot
of work to spot remove the silver from the back of a real mirror.
Why not just paint a piece of glass with mirror paint and age it?
I'm so wanting to try this. 
Revi Revisionary Life also painted this old cupboard shabby white. 
I really love the vignette on the top too.
Angela of Number Fifty-Three painted another lovely dresser. 
This time the perfect shade of blue.
Debbie of Debbie Dabble always has lots of color in her garden but look at her azalea bush!
It's incredible!
Cindy of Cottage Instincts painted this little table in Miss Mustard Seed's Kitchen Scale.
I love the way Cindy styled this with the blue green hydrangeas and blue canning jars and blue books.
By the way...my friend Amy is having a sale of Miss Mustard Seed paint.
Buy it here - Maison Decor.
Since it's in powder form, it is very easy and inexpensive to ship!
Lisa of Helene's Legacy organized her jewelry drawer using vintage china dishes.
I love this idea!
Melissa of Daisy Mae Belle created herself a quick and easy deck to cover an
ugly spot in her yard. She called it redneck but it looks pretty good to me!
Look how adorable this little bedside table is created by The Weathered Door.
It's a vintage suitcase with mid century legs attached.
She styled it great too.

Now on to this week...
Share below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

22 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love all your features, Nita. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks for having me today. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

nita,
Thanks so much for hosting and for the feature!! What a nice surprise!
I added a Shout Out for you in my last post but I am at work so I will add your feature button to the post as soon as I get home...
Hope you are having a nice Holiday weekend!!

Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Thank you for such lovely place for sharing. You are in my best blog list already.
Beast Wishes
Selenarte

WendyMcLeodMacKnight said...

Am new to your blog, but I love it! Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us, along with your gorgeous house!

cindy said...

THank you for the feature :) I love MMS milk paint! I appreciate you hosting such a fun party each week.

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring my "redneck" deck! :) And, for hosting another party! Life to the full! Melissa

PCovi said...

Love that top photo! You always find the coolest pics.
Shabby Apple dress giveaway at my blog.

Amy Chalmers said...

Hey Nita! Thx for the MMS milk paint sale mention! That was unexpected~but every bit of publicity helps~we are offering free shipping too. Its almost over though, last week ahead.
Loved the features this week, gonna look over some of them. Also was captivated by the mix in that kitchen you featured. xo

Christine at Little Brags said...

Nita, thanks so much for your fabulous party each week

Cindi Myers said...

Nita, I've been reading but not commenting...just been too sick to think clearly enough to put a sentence together.
I'm a bit better now and I HAD to comment on Daisy Mae Belle's deck!
This is my solution to the bottom of my yard! I'm SO happy!
:)

Mick said...

Oh I cannot wait until my renovation is done! (check my blog for progress!) and I can finally get onto decorating, i've got so many great pieces i've collected and so many ideas I want to try out!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Nita, such amazing and talented bloggers featured this week. Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Lisa said...

So happy to have found you! Thanks for hosting the link up. It's a lot of fun to see what other thrifters are finding and doing with those finds :)

Unknown said...

Great features Nita. I especially like the mirrors over at Revisionary Life. Wow! Thank you so much for hosting and Happy Memorial Day to you! Blessings, Patti

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks fo hosting. Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

The chandeliers in that first picture are gorgeous.

VintageMom said...

Thanks so much for featuring my jewelry drawer! Today I'm sharing a tutorial for turning a silver tray into a chalkboard. Have a great day :)

Lisa @ Helene's Legacy

Katie - Something to be Found said...

Hi - Thanks for hosting!! Looks like there's some really amazing stuff!

Adam Hazlett said...

Love your new profile photo!
When did you change it?
What a great smile, makes your blog seem even happier!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Nita, love the features this week. Thanks for hosting.
Joy

Carolyn said...

Nice features!

Thank you for hosting,
Carolyn