home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Salvaged Baluster Lamps

Wishing, Wanting and Waiting
I've wished for a salvaged baluster lamp for quite awhile. 
Something like those above from Pottery Barn.
Without the Pottery Barn price tag.
They show up on Etsy and Ebay from time to time.
Made from recycled vintage porches or staircases.
Love the patina on this one and the shape.
Green chipping paint....yummy....this one off Etsy.
One of my own has eluded me.

Till yesterday....I found this one at Goodwill for $4.99.
It's bad now...that's for sure...but I think it has the potential to be great.
Just a little chippy paint and I'll have my own salvaged baluster lamp.
I'll be back with this lamp revamp.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished lamp! I can see lots of potential and what a bargain.

An Urban Cottage said...

That'll be cute!

srpprcrftr said...

Great shape girl. Can hardly wait to see what you do to that bad boy. Glad you found what you've been wanting for so long. Great price also.

Unknown said...

What a great find to transform. Can't wait to see what you do to it.
Traci

Adam Hazlett said...

Great Find Nita, what a price!
I just bought a compote for the same price!
Are you going to replace the polished brass base?
Can't wait to see it after you add your magic!

Cindi Myers said...

score!
will it become turquoise?
:)

Sonia said...

Tons of potential....can't wait to see what you do with it!
Miss Bloomers

Donna-s Lair said...

Oh I like them too! Can't wait to see the finished project. The base could be a fun project too. I saw a recent post...can't remember who,,that used wooden bowls to raise the height of a wooden floor lamp...FYI. :-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love those lamps, too and bet you can make that look great.

Pamela said...

Yep definite potential Anita! Can not wait to see ya work your magic.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Can't wait to see what you'll do with it. The inspiration pictures are so pretty.

Cindy said...

I love those lamps and have admired them forever, your lamp will look amazing when you are done with it! I can't wait to see it.