home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mod Mix Monday 25

Silver Christmas Wreath
This elegant sideboard and Christmas wreath amaze me.
What! A wreath created out of old silver plated trays?
Genius
And that sideboard was created out of an old bed head and foot board.
Again.... utter Genius....

I wonder if I could collect that many silver trays by next week?

Mod Mix Monday was awesome again last week...
René of Miss Gracie's House put together this wonderful girl's room
Such a lucky girl to have a room that looks like this. 
Love the color scheme...all the white plus bright pastels.
Bonnie of A Wee Meenit added warmth to her holiday creating a throw pillow out of 
a $3 cable knit sweater bought at a thrift shop and then made candle holder cozies with the sleeves.
B of B in Real Life decided with her Mother's urging that she had the perfect spot 
for a hutch but how to obtain a hutch without spending a fortune. 
She combined items she already had to make this very pretty display area in her home.
This one is a flash of brilliance. I first saw the post was about a vintage camera collection from
Carrie at Lovely Etc. but clicked and found it was so much more. I love the vintage black
and white cameras all lined up on the sideboard. 
Excellent!

Now on to this week....

You know the routine...link up below your Mod Mix's for this week.
Anything old redone to be new. Old mixed with new.
Anything new redone to look old.
Mix it up.

If you enjoy this party...I'd hope that you'd become a follower.
Please give me a link back in your post and be sure to link up to the exact 
post not your whole blog.
Please no food links or baby stuff or clothes. This needs to be decor and furniture related.
I'm going to start deleting links off subject.
Thanks!

18 comments:

The enchanted home said...

That first picture blew me away...beauitful!

Amy Chalmers said...

Wow these are really great features Nita. I love the silver tray wreath and the neat old sideboard made out of a bed, I love the girls room in white with hot pink, and the camera display was very mod too! have a great day.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Oh my lord I love that wreath and server! They really are genius! Nice features from last week, too. We have been so busy with horses and shopping that I have not been able to blog much lately. Such is the nature of the holidays!

Thanks for hosting MMM!!!

xoxoxoxo,
RJ

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Love all your features today! They are fabulous! Thanks for hosting.

Anonymous said...

I can see that wreath of silver trays above my fireplace on a permanent basis. I bought my old house in a probate sale and discovered years later that there were things still hiding in the attic including lots of old mismatched serving pieces including silver trays. I love old silver, and what a great to display those old trays!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Oh my, that is just fabulous! I'm going to GW in the next few days, I will keep a lookout for you! Thank you for bringing us together every week, and happy happy Thanksgiving to you Nita!
xo, Andrea

Kit said...

All I can say is WOW! What a clever idea. I love that silver wreath. How come I can never think of something like that? Kit

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

That is one of the neatest ideas for a wreath, and it's really beautiful! I love that! The bed sideboard is pretty cool to!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

That silver wreath is amazing! I also like the girl's room by Miss Gracie. Thanks for hosting!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Nita, I linked up twice...I'm sorry. It didn't show up the first time so I came back a few minutes later and still didn't see it. Now I see it twice!

Bonnie ~ a wee Meenit said...

thanks for the feature Nita!!

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Thanks for featuring my camera collection nook! And that silver tray wreath is amazing - thanks for sharing it!

Betsy Speert said...

Hiya! I'm just now starting to explore other blogs, and am now one of your followers! I entered your contest, but I don't really know what I'm doing, or what it's about. I am an internet whiz!! I now follow TWO blogs!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Nita

Thank you so much for hosting. Happy Thanksgiving.

Vanessa

B In Real LIfe said...

Thanks so much for featuring my hutch on Mod Mix Monday...just another opportunity for my mom to say "See...I told ya so!" :) Thanks for the support! I'll be back next week to just the link-up.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love the red and white display featured!
Brenda

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

Nita, giving thanks to you and your wonderful blog and the support of mine. You have been there from the beginning and I am beholden. Have a good holiday sister girl! Kevin

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas. The silver tray wreath is beautiful!