home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mod Mix Monday 24

Mod Vintage Love
Sorry Mod Mix Monday is going up so late today.
Blame, Harvey.
He kept me tied to the sofa all day, yesterday.
He is such a good sleeper and he wanted to lie on my legs and sleep and sleep and sleep.
So I basically did nothing yesterday....I just let him snuggle and snooze.
Then this morning, I was out early for a job interview.
Have been doing a lot of those lately. 
Actually, I'm so good at them...they are really a breeze for me.
Just can't find a good job. 
But I will persevere because I have no other choice.
Anyway...back to Mod Mix Monday....the image above stopped me in my tracks.
As did this modern cottage interior. 
How cute is that pink vintage chair? Oh...the aqua sofa is too sweet too.
This vintage headboard I had in my bedroom growing up. Except I had painted mine white.
I always loved that headboard. It's still in my room at my Mom's house. 
I remember picking it out at Pier One...a long long time ago.

Now it's time for my favorites from last week's
Nancy from Nancy's Daily Dish shared the perfect spot for a fall spot of tea.
Nancy doesn't live but about two hours from me. 
I could make it up there to share a cup of Constant Comment with her. 
Nothing very modern about these chairs but they do have new fabric and they've been repainted 
in a lovely creamy finish. Connie of Sensible Redesign is the creator of these pretties.
Every time I get the chance to show off Janet's cottage - The Gardener's Cottage
I am going to do so.
Because it's the most sublime little cottage ever. In this post she tells how she made the 
bamboo curtain rods from which her drapes hang. She went out in the yard and cut her own bamboo.
You can buy bamboo at garden centers to do this with if don't have bamboo growing in your own yard.
Maple and Magnolia added a few silhouettes to her shelves and they look so current and trendy.
Doesn't this look straight out of a magazine?
Design Par Deux took a ho hum bargain sideboard and turned it into a thing of beauty.
Every week, I'm amazed at everything you come up with.

Ok...one more...
A great mix of white, glitz, glam and a little scandinavian influence too from

Now on to this week....

You know the routine...link up below your Mod Mix's for this week.
Anything old redone to be new. Old mixed with new.
Anything new redone to look old.
Mix it up.

If you enjoy this party...I'd hope that you'd become a follower.
Please give me a link back in your post and be sure to link up to the exact 
post not your whole blog.
Please no food links or baby stuff or clothes. This needs to be decor and furniture related.
I'm going to start deleting links off subject.
Thanks!

And I still have a Shabby Apple Giveaway going on...
You can win this skirt -
Just go to this post to register to win.

15 comments:

Chrissy said...

Isn't it great to snuggle with your pup for the day. I pray you find a job soon.
Thanks for hosting the party and sharing all of those wonderful inspirations.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Here's hoping you find your dream job soon. Thanks for hosting, and sharing the great features.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I always wanted that headboard. And now I want those black and white toile draperies, how fab. Thank you for hosting us again this week!

the gardener's cottage said...

dear nita,

you are too sweet for words. letting doggie sleep all day? omg, you are the best. thank you for your most kind words about my place. you are a doll.

xo
janet

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Beautiful shares! Thanks again for hosting!

LeAnn said...

Hi Nita,
It's so nice to be back and what a way to jump right in with your linky party. My father passed away and I've been AWOL for a couple months but I do believe blogging is good therapy so I'm back!

Hugs to the pooches!

xo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great features all of them. I do love the blue couch that looks like it's from the 60's! Thanks for hosting dear Nita. Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature, Nita! And the trip down memory lane...I had that headboard in yellow when I was four! :)

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

Thank you so much for featuring my chairs!! Thank you so much for hosting such a great party.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I'd love to share Constant Comment with you!

Thanks for featuring me, Nita!

Nancy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I had a wicker " fan" chair that matched that head board!!
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Ricki Treleaven said...

I have always wanted a combination dining room/library. That first photo stopped me dead in my tracks, too!!! If I ever build a house, I will definitely have a library/dining room.

:D

Great features, too! Good luck with your job hunt. Any company would be lucky to get you!

xoxoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Vanessa said...

Hi, Nita

I found your lovely blog from Ricki Treleaven post. I just love looking around. I am a new follower. Thank you for hosting as well. I enjoyed looking at the other bloggers post as well.

I would love for you to stop by www.homesweetbutterfly.com

Vanessa

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting! And thanks for the feature! :). We're linking up again.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love all these excellent and inspiring ideas!
Brenda