home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 1, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #165

This Measures Up!
 I love the huge measuring tape - a bit of whimsy on this dining table.
It's a pretty dining room and I love that unexpected touch.

Here are my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday!
 Anam of Delicious and DIY painted two little tables in a pink and gold geometric pattern.
They look like art...I guess they are art!
 Nicki of T-shirt & Jeans shared her living room which included this cute Mod Vintage
side table that she painted. I love the lines of it!
 Kathleen of Charm Bracelet Diva shared her vintage engraved champagne bucket.
Isn't it just perfect full of hydrangeas?
 Jan of Just Jan shared a little early fall decor. That table cloth is just great in this vignette.
 Just look at these sweet little sweaters that Vickie of Ranger 911 knitted up!
Darling!
Ann of Tarnished Royalty shared what she called a neglected area of her home.
I think this looks pretty wonderful to me. I think it has just the right amount of neglect.

As I type this it is 91degrees in my house!
Yep my air went out Friday night.

Needless to say this has been a miserable weekend.

I can't afford to have anyone come out to work on it over the weekend.
I have to wait till the week day rates.

It's going to be 99 tomorrow outside...which means it will  probably be 103 in here.

I think I'm going to sleep tonight on the back deck.
Really...

And I had so many things I wanted to do inside this weekend and it's just too hot.

I hope you all are having a much better Labor Day than I.

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


16 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you are suffering in the heat. It's horrible, I have been there. Maybe if you put as many fans as possible blowing on you it would help. Tomorrow if you can't find a pool then get the hose out and keep yourself cool. We lost our power with Katrina and sometimes with storms and the heat can be brutal. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Nicki said...

Thank you for the feature! I hope you can stay as cool as possible until your air is fixed. No fun!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Oh Nita I feel for you in the heat. When we lived in NY we didn't have air and one summer was beastly hot and our house got unbearably hot...we were miserable. [hugs]

I'm loving those gold geometric tables. Wow! They are extraordinary!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Sorry about your air conditioning!

I am no lover of heat myself...

I labored last night for Labor Day but I am off tonight...

Thanks for the party!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Sorry to hear about your air conditioning - it's really warm here right now and I cannot imagine being without it. Find a McDonald's or a Starbuck's with wifi and spend the day there. At least it will be cooler. Thank you so much for hosting despite the heat. Cathy

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Try to stay cool. Happy Week to You! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

Hope you get some relief from the hot weather. Thanks for hosting another great party.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thank you so much for the feature, Nita! I'm in love with the first photo you featured. I love the look of an all white room with natural wood accents. And the foyer of Tarnished Royalty is gorgeous!!! If she can make a home with cracked walls and ceilings look that good, then I can work with mine, too. :)

I wish I could send some of our cool weather your way. It's been dropping down to the 40's at night for weeks already! I hope you have lots of fans around to create a cool breeze in your home and the repair person shows up early tomorrow morning!

Vickie

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Dear Nita,
I LOVE the first photo! It's so beautiful!! Thanks so much for hosting another fun party. Have a wonderful week sweet Lady :0)
Suzanne

Anam (Delicious and DIY) said...

Aww Thankyou so much for featuring my Gold Geometric Tables Nita.

Scribbler said...

You poor baby! Have you thought about what they did in the olden days? A block of ice in front of an electric fan? That works. I have done it. I lived in New Orleans in the summer without A/C years ago.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow some pretty features Nita!
Thank you so much for having me.
Have a great week.
FABBY

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love everything in that first picture! The table, the chair, the shelves behind... and the chandelier!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Ugh, sorry to hear about your ac!! Does anyone have a window unit you can borrow until it's fixed??? This happened to us a few years ago and I still remember how miserable it was. Crud, I wish you could just pop in and sleep over, I would totally make you a few frozen margaritas to ease the pain :) I love that crazy table and those same chairs have been on Craigslist here in Dallas for a while, they are only $20. Might have to re-think those.

Kit said...

Oh my! I feel for you. I hate being hot. I hope it gets fixed soon. Kit

Our Hopeful Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my vintage trophy! And guess what? I joined in today's party with...more hydrangeas! Thanks for hosting!
xo Kathleen
Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}