home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 22, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #168

Elegant Eclectic Mod Vintage Kitchen
 via
I am all about unusual kitchens. I ran across this kitchen the other day and immediately had to pin it.
This shows anything can be an upper cabinet and a huge mirror and a big over the top chandelier works in a kitchen. 
It's a little industrial too!
I did a post earlier in the year about funky chic kitchens....this one belongs right along with the others.
See my post on funky kitchens here.

Now on to my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday...
 Phyllis of Grandparents Plus shared a Fall Idea House tour which included 
this amazing fall planter.
Paula of Locksley Lane shared a how she painted a bunch of pumpkins from
Walmart and turned them into high end decorator pumpkins. 
 Revi of Revisionary Life created a industrial vintage gallery wall to compliment her wall mail slot.
Mail now lands in an old wood drawer. 
Victoria of Trois Petite Filles is always doing something pretty with furniture appliques and
this week's project is REALLY an amazing one. She turned a typical builder's grade bathroom wall mirror into this french beauty! 
 Karen of Somewhat Quirky Designs turned an old secretary into this gray
amazing desk! It is perfection!
Laurel of The North End Loft painted this little table in a very cute numeric way.

Good, very very good stuff.

I've been lax this year in sharing Yard of the Month in my neighborhood 
but I've got two good ones I'll share this week. 

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


20 comments:

Unknown said...

Great features this week! Thank you for hosting Nita!

Mariana said...

Thanks for the party!
Hugs

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow dear Nita, I'm so happy to be here at the party! I couldn't sleep so now I realized your party was up this late, lol!
Thanks for hosting sweet lady and have a great week.
FABBY

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Nita...you do have a great eye for seeing the beautiful in the unusual. :)

Best wishes for an extraordinary day!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

love the features this week. Thank you for hosting. Cathy

Unknown said...

Thank you, Nita! I love all the features this week. How brilliant is Revi's vintage gallery wall? I hope you are having a great day, Nita!

the cape on the corner said...

love that mirrored gallery wall.
b

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting a fun party! Have a great week.

Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Those are some pretty amazing features this week, Nita! Thanks so much for hosting again and have a great week!

Vickie

Scribbler said...

Great features from last week, especially Victoria's mirror!
Did you ever get your concrete urn out of your car?

Thanks as always for the party.

Ellen

Laurel Stephens said...

That red chandelier in the kitchen is quite a pop! Thank you for including my table with your fabulous features, Nita! I love your parties!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Beautiful features, Nita!
Thanks so much for hosting!
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Revi said...

Thank you for featuring my industrial vignette, Nita, and for hosting a great party!

donna baker said...

Oh, how I love that secretary.

vintage girl at heart said...

Love the quirky kitchen. It is right up my alley with the mirror and chandy. :)
I had friend that had a mirrored backsplash behind just her sink area. and it was really unique.
I'm enjoying this Fallish weather today (even though I know it will warm up later)and digging out the Fall decor to fluff my nest and knew I'd get inspiration if I dropped by your blog.
Happy MMM and Happy Fall!

Locksley Lane said...

Thank you so much for featuring me. What a treat amongst all these creative people! Hope you have a great week!

Paula
Locksley Lane

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Love the features. I bought some ugly pumpkins I plan to paint, so I'm heading to that post right now!

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring my Fall Idea House Tour -2014! Lots of fun ideas! Appreciate the party and have a great week!
Phyllis@grandparentsplus.com

Unknown said...

I would never have thought of putting an oversized mirror in a kitchen, but it really looks beautiful in this setting. Great idea for kitchens lacking windows. Thanks for the party, Nita. Have a great week.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love the features! Thanks for hosting. Have a fabulous week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse