home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Alabaster Lamp

Today I thought I'd share a couple of things I purchased this past summer.
 I've wanted a nice vintage alabaster lamp for a long time.
I kept scoping out Ebay hoping to find one I liked at a good price.
 Early this summer I finally found one that I liked the shape of, the color of
and the price of.
It's heavy so shipping cost almost as much as the lamp itself.
That's the only draw back to Ebay...if you buy something large or heavy.
I picked up the shade at Garden Ridge.
It's going to get a makeover. It's just too darn plain as is. 
I picked up this large frame too this summer at The Feathered Nest in OKC.
I'd been wanting a round frame to go on my mantel for quite awhile and there it was!
Already painted and everything.

I was working on my Fall Mantel but didn't have all I need for it.

I'll finish and show soon.

sharing at





9 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

I have an alabaster lamp too that looks a lot like yours Nita. Love it! Mine was from a local thrift store.

Pamela said...

Nita your lamp is gorgeous!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love both the lamp and the frame! I also have a white based lamp with a burlap shade. I like the shade as is myself:) Can never have too many white frames1
xoKathleen

donna baker said...

I love alabaster, but I love that doll house on your header even better.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love both the lamp and the round frame. Great finds.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Connie said...

I have a lamp just like this. It was a wedding gift almost fifty years ago. My daughters both used it in first apartments. Then sometime later I rescued it and brought it home again. It's had several shades and now wears a silk shade and resides in my guest bedroom. So glad I never got rid of it and you're right they are very heavy.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous lamp, Nita! I hope yours didn't pop the light bulb when you turned it on! The frame is pretty, too, and I can't wait to see your autumn mantel. I have the hardest time decorating our shallow mantel in our living room, so I'm always looking for new ideas.

Vickie

Diane said...

Love the alabaster lamp, beautiful detail. I've been lovin' round frames lately too, yours is so pretty!