home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #167

via
If you have been reading this blog any time at all...you will know that I'm a big
fan of painted furniture.
But that room above I love too and yet almost all the furniture is wood.
It's just got all the right textures and accessories.
A simple bookcase becomes a nice focal paint with the addition of a shelf and mirror above.
Even the speakers and radio add just the right touch to the room.

Good things happened in last week's Mod Mix Monday!

Here's my faves....
 The Junk in Our Trunks remade a little dresser into this beauty!
 Vickie at Ranger 911 found a precious little vintage clock.
 Melody of My Passion for Decor redid a console now it's a very cool bar.
See?
 
Karen of Somewhat Quirky Designs helped a friend out by sewing up cushions 
for her vintage patio furniture. 
I adore the color of both of these pieces. 
Karen is a quite the friend to do this.  
That is a heck of a lot of work.
  
Magali of The Little White House shared her Back to School inspired mantel scape.
Kelli of Eat, Pray, Read Love shared her recipe for Pumpkin Scones.
Oh...my I must try making a batch of these.
I'm crazy for pumpkin flavored anything in the fall.

I might have to seek out pumpkin cappuccino or pumpkin ice cream this week!

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


17 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thanks so much for including my pink clock among the great features this week, Nita! I'm so impressed with Karen's cushions that I'm contemplating covering one in my home. And the furniture makeovers are pretty impressive, too! It definitely feels like fall here, so the pumpkin scones sound yummy. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

Vickie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Chrissie said...

Thanks for hosting Nita!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I love all the textures in your featured room too.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm returning to Project Inspire{d} after my brief hiatus. I hope you can join me again, tonight (Monday) at 8 Eastern.

Best wishes for an extraordinary day!

DD's Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting the party Nita!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Good morning Nita!
Thanks so much for hosting another beautiful party!
I LOVED your Fall Dining Outdoors post :0)
Have a great week,
Suzanne

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Good morning Nita!
Thanks so much for hosting another beautiful party!
I LOVED your Fall Dining Outdoors post :0)
Have a great week,
Suzanne

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Thanks for the party Nita! And the feature!!!! By the way, my friend PAYS me to make those cushions. I'm not that nice! I did do one cushion free for her, once. But not one of these! That corner piece was hard - and I made it backwards the first time and had to undo it partially and redo it. That was fun. I'm always so glad when I finish a cushion cover.

the junk in our trunks said...

Thank you for featuring my dresser. Have a wonderful day. Kathryn

Vintage Paint and more... said...

I love the shelf and mirror in your inspiration room. Great features this week - thank you so much for hosting. Cathy

Scribbler said...

Hello stranger! Great features -- I love the aqua furniture and new cushions.

Thanks for continuing to host -- glad I had something to link this week.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Nita, thank you so much for featuring my mantel!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a lovely week, Nita! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Nita, thanks for hosting Mod Mix Monday today.
Joy

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Great selections, Nita! I just love your way of looking at "things" and seeing the beauty in them.

Also, is there a link to those pumpkin scones? I didn't see a live link and I'm really craving them now.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting, and also for the feature! I am so excited! It does seem as another commenter noticed that the link may not be working.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Revi said...

Thanks, Nita, for hosting! I love your party. :)