home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #164

 via
Just yummy is all I can say about this bedroom.
Take an old early American bed and paint it aqua and layer on the colorful bed clothes.
Just pretty.

Pretty things in last week's Mod Mix Monday...here we go with my faves!
 Deb of Lavendar Garden Cottage found herself this amazing faux wood bird bath.
 The Weathered Door knocked off a geometric headboard from Urban Outfitters.
It's crazy good.
 Janet of Rosemary and Thyme shared some special local haunts.
There are really some great decorating ideas among her photos which include
that blue cabinet outside.
 Marijana of Macca brought a little of the sea indoors.
She distressed a box and filled with trinkets of the ocean.
Darrielle of DD's Cottage took a so so buffet and made it wonderful!

My this summer is just racing along...I see everyone is starting to think about fall.
I am so not ready to think about it.

I'm starting to see pumpkins popping up on Pinterest when I go look.

and I actually feel...like ugh...when I see them.
I'm just not feeling it. 

I truly will not be in the mood for fall till October 1.

How about you are you getting in the mood for fall?

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


16 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great features, Nita! That geometric headboard is amazing! I can't imagine how long it took to measure everything out. Thanks for hosting and let's hang onto summer just a bit longer!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Nita, I love that first image!! I swear it must be an Ethan Allen ad. I have the same bed, but in boring cherry. I often think of painting it. i hope your summer has been a lovely one.

Unknown said...

Love your features. Thanks for hosting.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!!

Hugs,
Debbie

DD's Cottage said...

I am not in the Fall mood yet either-sad that summer is almost over and my daughter will be going back to school at the end of this week. Great Party and thanks for the feature of my buffet.

Tarnished Royalty said...

Hi Nita!! I've missed your party for a couple of weeks. Those are some amazingly beautiful features! I hope you have a wonderful week. ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

So happy to have you back, sweet Nita! Thanks so much for hosting another inspirational party.
Have a fantastic week!
Suzanne

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh that blue bed!! thanks for hosting, Nita!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting and I'm looking forward to this party for sure!!!
Bedroom Design Ideas

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Man do I know what you mean! About rushing fall in. Last year I went on a rant about it and hurt somebody's feelings so bad it almost ripped up my favorite FB group. So I'm trying to restrain. I especially hate it when it's the southern girls who won't truly see fall until Halloween! Oh well. Hope all is well with you!

Crystelle Boutique said...

I couldn't help myself: I pinned that yummy bedroom you have in this post... OH my..... Woot-woot! :)
xox, Crystelle
CrystelleBoutique

Susan Freeman said...

Thank you for the party!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Unknown said...

Really great features this week. I hope that you have a phenomenal week, and thanks for hosting such a fun party.

Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

Laurel Stephens said...

Oh, I'd love that birdbath in my garden! Thank you for hosting your party!

Unknown said...

We are so ready for Halloween here, Nita. It usually takes me about two, three months to plan everything. I hope you are enjoying the last days of summer.

Adam Hazlett said...

I love fall...but like you I don't want to start it too early.
It burns out faster if you rush it.
I am gearing up for it though.
Buying a little Halloween here and there.
Can't believe Sam's Club already has Christmas trees up. And Our big Pier 1 is pushing Thanksgiving trees....they are pretty but wierd.