home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, November 1, 2010

Celebrate Fall

The Thanksgiving Table
Now that Halloween is over, I can get back to thinking about other projects. 
I'll redecorate the house for fall. I'm looking forward to a more serene color scheme.
How can the color orange be so beautiful on October 30th
and so ugly on November 1st?
I am crazy for Orange on October 1st but can't stand to look at it come November 1st.

At least to the extent I had in in my home. 
Now I'm craving the cool colors I normally enjoy.
And I need to get back to working on my dining room which had me
browsing the internet looking at dining rooms. 

So many pretty ones...
source: decorpad
source: decorpad
source: decorpad
Oh...I really love this one.
source: decorpad
Love this one too, though.
source: decorpad
source: decorpad
I've shown this one before because I love it.
source: Custom Made
source: Greige

Seems the common factor in many of these is a mirror and a chandelier.

I'm imagining the perfect Thanksgiving Dinner...
which is silly because I've never hosted a Thanksgiving dinner and I'll be going to a friend's 
for Thanksgiving as I always do but I always imagine how I would set the table if I was to do so.
I'm really into white pumpkins and mercury glass which is how I am thinking I will decorate my mantel. 
First, I've got to put away all that Halloween stuff. 
Hope to have my redecorated mantel to show soon.

13 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Hmmmm
even though I adore all things white, I'm leaning towards the brown dining room in decorpad but switch out the light fixture from Custom Made.
I LOVE the seating! The sofa, etc. so elegant but warm and cozy too.

Chrissie said...

Beautiful pictures. I am really loving the white pumpkins and mercury glass as well. I recently purchased a pair of mercury glass lamps and I love them!

Kristen White said...

Beautiful inspiration...I especially love the second one! Now it's time to plan the Thanksgiving menu :o)
Kristen

★Carol★ said...

The orange was making me so bajiggety that I packed the indoor stuff away Halloween morning! I can't wait to see what you do for Thanksgiving, and especially Christmas!

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

I just love BIG mirrors and sparkly chandys! Beautiful inspiration!

the gardener's cottage said...

so many gorgeous images here.

the first one with the wreath on the mirror. i'm gonna do that. i love it for thanksgiving. you don't?

i want the whole house in dark walls now. the office (rl mercer) is my favorite room right now. see what you are doing to me?

~janet

Olive said...

The first image reminds me of your mantle. We took apart or rather an armoire door came off that has a huge beveled mirror and it can be leaned on the floor. I think I will use it but not in the dining room.

Allison said...

Hope you had a great Halloween. I can't wait to see how you decorate for Thanksgiving. I'm sure it will be beautiful and fun!

Tricia said...

What a beautiful collection of photos...I really love the second one. My Halloween stuff will be coming down tomorrow, can't wait :)

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I'm with you - it was fun, but I can't get the halloween stuff out of here fast enough! I sure enjoyed seeing all of your decorations though, and I can't wait to see what you do next. Thanks especially for the faux mercury glass technique, I'm really looking forward to trying it!
Happy November, Andrea

Teresa said...

Oh I love them all....I really need to get busy with my dinning room... =)
Like your new banner.
Thanks for sharing all this goodness.
Happy Day

An Urban Cottage said...

I just checked out your last few posts and I like your style. It seems classic, comfortable with the little bit of glam. There are a few dining rooms I might grab for my inspiration files.

Unknown said...

These table settings are fabulous with a capital F. Setting the table for a holiday dinner is always my favorite part of the meal. I want no help, I just want to be creative and enjoy myself. My son came into the dinning room one Christmas morning after I had just finished setting the table and said "Mom you have out done yourself". He was probable 12 years old and I did not think he even noticed things like that. But I think of his comment every time I set the Christmas table now and that memory makes working on the table even more special and enjoyable for me.
Thanks for sharing.
Traci