home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fixxer Upper

 I'm sure most of you are aware of the show the Fixxer Upper on HGTV.
It is the only show for me on HGTV that is a must see.
This little cottage was my favorite from season 1.
 Here is how the home appeared before being redone by this dynamic duo.
 Joanna and Chip Gaines
 
Again, here is the after. This little house just fascinates me. 
I wonder it's lineage. It appears to be a cross between a Victorian cottage and a 1920's or 30's Mediterranean villa.
I have seen the episode several times and always wish they'd say if those Mediterranean porches
were add ons later in this cottage's life.
I think they must have been.
It's such an odd cottage...but oh..so pretty inside and out. 
 This is the side porch.
 Inside the layout is very 1920's or 30's in the living room. 
Don't you love those niches on either side of the fireplace?
 The other side of the room has a large bank of windows.
 
French doors off the dining room lead to the side porch. Gosh I love the natural light in this house!
 This view of the dining room shows off another original fireplace. This one looks very Victorian.
Still questioning the original era of this house.
 
 I love all the accessories in this home. Many of these accessories can be bought on the 
Magnolia website which will have a link at the bottom of this post.
 A simple but pretty kitchen.
 Love the bathroom that includes the original tub which by the way looks to be 20's or 30's not Victorian.
 practical little office
 Learn more about the Fixxer Upper and Joann and Chip Gaines and their business, Magnolia

12 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

My FAV show too!

Candice said...

I love Fixer Upper too. Chip and Joanna seem so genuine and really nice. She is always amused by his antics! I remember this house too and really like it too! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Debby said...

My favorite show. I love Johanna and Chip. Joanna is a dear person and very spiritual. This was a favorite of mine. Loved how they used the bike.

paperjunk-lc said...

Love this show! Her homes always turn out beautifully and I love the interaction between her and Chip. I totally agree with you about this particular house. It was my favorite. This last season didn't have as many older homes with charm like the first season. I'm hoping next year's season will bring some more beautiful bungalows like the one you featured.

KarenB said...

I loved this one too. My favorite was the house that seemed like a tear down. The owner was a coach at Baylor, I think.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The exterior is fascinating. I think they must of added the spanish revival after, but it works.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love what they've done with the house. Several of my readers told me about that show!

Vicki said...

I'm so glad they kept those original features and made it the best of mod vintage. The living room chandelier is my favorite feature- it makes that room just sing.

Sonia said...

I just love everything she designs! Amazing transformations and it's my new favorite show. All my girlfriends want to take a roadtrip to Waco now!
Miss Bloomers

Beach House Living said...

It is a darling house.

Little Clouds of Thought said...

Dropping by from Sundaes and Spaghetti # 116. Love the decor! They're so chic but I would change the dining room furniture

Nicki said...

What a charming house, with so much character. I love the natural light and brightness too. Thanks for sharing!