home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #138

This is everything a home office should be attractive, stylish and serviceable.
I can just imagine my own i-mac sitting there on the metal industrial desk/shelving unit.
Love the touches of lavender with all the gray metal. 

You'd think everyone would be in a winter slump about now, wouldn't you?
But no...everyone is just churning out amazing projects right and left.
Me? When it's cold in my house...it's hard for me to get motivated.
Hey...I did get my Christmas down!
I'll have Valentine stuff this week.

Here are my picks from last week's Mod Mix Monday!
 Keya of Vintage Prairie Style added a little life to her winter rooms with plants.
I especially like the instant terrarium she created by turning a glass vase over a vintage clay pot.
 Suzanne of Simply Suzannes showed off a lovely arrangement of hydrangeas 
mixed with ironstone.
Her pictures are dreamy.
 Mary of Boogie Board Cottage made a little silver framed Valentine art. 
She glued silver and gold sequins on an old book page.
Doesn't it all make the loveliest Valentine vignette?
 Jamie of So Much Better with Age created 
a sweet equestrian themed birthday party for her daughter.
Look how pretty the cake is - chocolate sprinkles become a pony.
Scribbler of Scribbler Unfocused has been busy fluffing her house. I adore the tray of chintz ware. 
Candy of Plum Creek Place was inspired by this year's Pantone Color of the year - Radiant Orchid.
She dressed a whole table in it and included actual radiant orchids!

It's going to be a snow week here in Oklahoma.

We had snow on Sunday with more to come. 
Luckily, I'm off this week and am just going to enjoy my snow days!

Here is  Mod Mix Monday!...

Link up below!

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.





16 comments:

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

A beautiful home office is my dream!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, I'd love that office with all those cubbies to organize my "stuff"! After looking at the wonderful features, I think I need to buy some flowers and plants for my house. Thanks for hosting, Nita!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Nita, love the features this week - they are actually putting me in the mood for Spring... thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week.. Cathy

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Good morning, Nita!
I loved your features this week! I think I might need to go back and look at them AGAIN!
Thank you so much for the lovely feature of my blue hydrangeas. And another big thank you for hosting another inspirational link party.
Have a beautiful week,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring me this week Nita!
Keya

Crystelle Boutique said...

Thank you for hosting this terrific party …… Have a great week! You deserve it…. :)
hugs x, Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting Nita, love joining in. Have a great week.
Joy

Mary said...

Thank you for featuring my sequin heart Nita! I love the other features too. Have a blessed week, Mary

Candy S said...

Hello Nita, Thank you for hosting! I love the features. I have several projects in my future and it is wonderful to see so many great ideas to draw upon for inspiration. Thank you so much for featuring my "Radiant Orchid" tablescape. I have a lot of vintage "happy finds" in my tablescape today. I'm so pleased to be able to share at Mod Mix Monday.

Candy

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! So very glad to be partying with you this week! Thanks so much! Stay warm! :)

Cindi Myers said...

Wow.
lots of good pics.
It snowed here Saturday and 3 to 5 more inches tomorrow and it's 22 below.
and everyone at work is sick
and now I am too.
so...I'm in a slump.
Bummer.
But this post helps!

Unknown said...

I'd love that office with all those cubbies to organize my "stuff"! After looking at the wonderful features, I think I need to buy some flowers and plants for my house. Thanks for hosting, Nita!
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Scribbler said...

Enjoy your Winter break! Stay warm -- We may get more snow at the end of the week, too. Ugh! The cold makes my bones hurt.

I am in the throes of insomnia, so I am now going back to bed -- will check out the links after a couple more hours of sleep (I hope).

Scribbler said...

I forgot to say thanks for featuring my LR! Now I am going back to bed.

Unknown said...

Your Valentine decor is so pretty Nita, thank you for another fun party :) have a wonderful week!

xo, Tanya

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Thank you so much for featuring my daughter's vintage equestrian birthday party! I truly appreciate it! I'm so glad I found your blog & link party. Love it!!
Hugs,
Jamie