home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, February 28, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Decor

A Touch of the Irish
I know everyone has moved right on to Easter in their decor but I wanted to do 
a little St. Patrick's Day decor.
Mainly, I wanted to make a St. Patty's Day Banner out of Dollar Tree stuff.
All it took was a package of glitter shamrocks, a package of green crepe paper streamers, ribbon
and a glue gun.
I really wanted some gold coins to glue in the middle of each of these or spell out the word LUCKY
but that would have involved another trip to the store...and I didn't want to do that. 
This is good enough. I'll embellish more next year.
This is my second banner to make this month...and I'm kind of addicted to making them.
Now I need to make one for Easter.
I put out my sea foamy green dishes and some greenery.
Faux succulents got stuck in a silver footed bowl.
I am really loving faux succulents. They look just like the real thing.
Centerpiece on table is a pussy willow wreath with a tray and candles.
Very simple and effective.
One of my favorite majolica dishes came out for the display.

Thanks for all your suggestions yesterday about my fabric situation. 
I took the scissors to that slipcover last night and cut it up to start sewing it into some sort of slipcover.
It's going to be a challenge. I'll use every little scrap of it with some other fabric I have here mixed in.
It's either going to be fabulous or a giant failure.
I'm hoping for fabulous.

Wish me luck...a little luck of the Irish!
(I'm part Irish so hopefully it will work)

sharing at
Jennifer Rizzo

33 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love your St. Patty's Day banner and your buffet is just beautiful. Your post is so wonderful, I would love it if you would share it at our WIW Linky Party. I hope you can join us.

Paula
Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Lee said...

You always have great ideas!
I went to the local Pier One today and bought a few things. I also told them it was because of your blog that I shop there~don't think they even knew what a blog was! LOL
Thanks for sharing your home and ideas.

Deb said...

Oh, this is all so pretty. Your sea foam green dishes are spectacular.

Unknown said...

So very pretty! You have some wonderful dishes and I love the contrast of the white buffet and the pine plate rack.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great little shamrock banner, Nita! your dishes are just gorgeous!!

TheGadsgenGuy said...

NIta, This is so pretty! I love the Majolica pitcher on your table too! Gong back to stare some more!

TheGadsgenGuy said...

I just realized my hubby is signed in...this is Nancy from Nancy's Daily Dish!

Danielle said...

So pretty! I love St. Patricks Day and it really is such a huge thing in my town. I love how your banner came out and I also love that lovely buffet. Thanks so much for sharing it at Silver Pennies Sundays!

Sonia said...

Oh so pretty! Love those dishes and your St Paddy's banner is so fun! Gorgeous post as always!
Miss Bloomers

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I don't what I love more...the names of your doggies or the buffet...or the lamps...I love it all! Just finding you and will now be following along from the Great State of Oklahoma. :)

XOXO,
Meredith

P.S. I found you through Common Ground

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Everything looks so pretty!!

Love your buffet by the way!!

hugs,
Debbie

Donna-s Lair said...

Great banner, but vignette is awesome! I would love to purchase some faux succulents. Mind sharing where you purchased yours??

Nita Stacy said...

I bought my faux succulents at Pier 1. We have them already in pots but these were not. They were on sale and we don't have them any more. But...you can find lots of them at Hobby Lobby.

Orlando Designs said...

looks great! I really love your buffet! I'm looking for a piece like that for my living room!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cute banner! LOVE that whole area...absolutely beautiful!!

Olive said...

Oh that wonderful buffet. It is gorgeous for any holiday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This looks great! I also love your cabinet ;)
Jamie ~ Better With Age

Alisha O. said...

pretty, pretty as usual! & thought i'd share--have you checked out 'zulily'? it's one of those daily deals sites, known for their women's & kids, but their HOME stuff is super cute these days! they have rustic outdoorsy gardening stuff going on now that reminded me of your pins as of late. TGIF!!!

Nita Stacy said...

Alisha -
I know about Zulily but haven't checked out their home stuff...I will right now!

ornate splendor said...

Sweet little banner - I like the idea of adding to it next year, then maybe again the next year! It will hold more memories that way. Cheers, Catherine

Sweet Auburn Life said...

Loving your St. Patrick's Day decor! Being Irish, I'm hoping to create some new decorations myself this year. Do you have Irish roots?

Unknown said...

What a cute display! You did a great job. :)


Have a great weekend!
~Liz

Kit said...

Yay for St. Patty's Day! I love your touches of green. :) Kit

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Cute banner. I'm drooling over those dishes...they are beautiful. Your whole vignette is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Deborah

Mommy Evolution said...

What a great look! Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

Anonymous said...

Love your St. Patty redecorations. Not too kitchy...very nicely done. Your seafoam dishes are beautiful.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I totally adore this server and the shelf you have above it. They create the most wonderful hutch. Beautiful display too. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

The Charm of Home said...

I love the green and white together! Perfect for St. Pat's. Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Unknown said...

So pretty and fresh for Spring! And that majolica dish...wow.

Anonymous said...

Everything is absolutely lovely, especially that amazing buffet.
Happy pinks and patty's!

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!

Hopping by from Pink Saturday.

My PINK
Your comment is always appreciated.