home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Painting

This is what I've been up to
I just finished this painting for my friend KC.
It's large... 36 x 48 
She requested a painting of a tree to go in her living room.
I mod podged sheet music onto the canvas for a background before painting 
the tree.
The little birds represent her and her husband and her two dogs.

Here it is hanging in her home on her gray walls.
I should have gotten a shot further away....next time I'm over there I will.
I haven't painted a large painting in quite awhile and I have to say it felt good to be doing it again.
I painted in the breakfast nook on my easel with the back door open
and the weenies going in and out the door.
I have to say that was quite pleasant.
I could do that every day.
Yes, the artist's life for me.

Thanks to all that helped me out by some donations the past few days.
I was in such a state I couldn't think.
You know how that is...when you are so behind in money that you can't think
about anything else but that.
You've given me a little breathing room to get back to being creative.
I'm thinking I will do paintings to sell here.
Would you all be interested in that?

Thanks too to all of you that wrote interested in me doing a blog design for you.
I'll be getting in touch with you through email today or tomorrow.

25 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh to be an artist....Beautiful- what talent you have.

An Urban Cottage said...

Beautiful job! And I think these are very saleable so you should definitely give it a try.

Stacey said...

Nita, that is gorgeous! Maybe you could have an Etsy shop??

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Beautiful painting! I'd love to see you offer your paintings for sale.

Adam Hazlett said...

What a wonderful painting! Keep up the great work Nita!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

WOW. Such a gorgeous painting! I didn't even know you could paint! It's truly beautiful.

Pat said...

Oh my,that painting is fabulous!!!! I would buy one from you. What a great talent you have and yes you should put it to good use!

Amy Chalmers said...

Wow I am impressed! I think its wonderful~yes get back to painting after you make my blog gorgeous!!

Michelle @ Sweetsuite10 said...

Wow - Lovely! If painting gives you pleasure then I think you should most definitely keep doing it. You should seriously think of selling your work - maybe consider opening an Etsy shop?

Patty said...

Wow....love your painting. You definitely should sell your art....try etsy. You might be able to kiss your other jobs bye bye.

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Nita -- this is wonderful, especially with the background you created. Just make to not underprice your talent

Allison said...

That is really beautiful! Nita, you are so so talented! You seriously ought to sell your paintings. I would be interested!

Betty said...

Ooooo pretty! The sheet music makes a great background.

Cindi Myers said...

I love it!!!
I definitely think you should be painting! I know that now that I've started to paint again it's made me feel so much better. It's kind of a snowball effect.
You should do Etsy AND Ebay!
and I agree, that would be the perfect life, to stay at home with the fur-kids and create.
XOXO - Cindi

CeCe said...

You, my dear, are so talented....Yes, go for it... sell!

Patti Willey said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Erin said...

Light, bright, beautiful. Makes me smile.

Upscale Downhome said...

You do beautiful work and I am hoping you can find the breathing space to pursue creativity within your lifestyle. thank you for sharing!

Kathleen said...

LOVE THIS!! I have an idea for my son for Christmas - would you consider doing custom work (prepaid in advance, naturally)?

Rashon Carraway said...

These are so beautiful!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Just beautiful! Such a special piece for a very lucky friend!

:)

Linda

KC Sheperd said...

I of course love this! And yes, I certainly think you could sell your paintings on here being that Mom wants one now, and so does Lauren! You are so talented, I'm so glad you are in my life!

24 Corners said...

Nita, this is beautiful, love the layering, the meaning, and the fact that it's just plain pretty! It's something that will be passed down through the family for years to come...lucky couple!
I've been itching to paint, haven't for two years! I mostly draw because of my classes, but I really want to get the brushes out again...your post and painting have me heading to the studio (aka - laundry room) this weekend! :)
xo J~

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

This is a beautiful picture, Nita! I love the 2 little birds and what they represent, and the music paper background.

Unknown said...

Hi-Just wanted you to know I featured your painting on my Saturday favs-Have a great weekend! Claire