home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, September 10, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #67

Velvet!
I don't know if this is considered a bed or a sofa and it doesn't matter because it's just fabulous.
I think it's a sofa because there are no sheets or bed linens.
I know I would love to lounge on this thing all evening. 
It seems like it would be relatively easy to mimic as a DIY.

I do love the color combination used on it.
Turquoise and Olive
Paul and Cathy aka One Creative Couple turned this old french chair into a 
masterpiece by painting the upholstery!
Jennifer at Town and Country Living painted her bathroom for the third time
and I would say "Third Time is the Charm!"
Laura of Cottage and Broome showed off her Labor Day table in the garden all done up 
in red, white and blue.
Carrie of Lovely Etc. is working on her living room.
It's still a work in progress but I have to say I love this wall of bookshelves.
The whole room is coming together in a great eclectic way.

It's another Mod Mix Monday already...this year is flying by!

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


21 comments:

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

That's one lovely sofa. Wouldn't mind relaxing there ;) Thank for hosting, Nita. Greetings from Australia ~Pernilla

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

I just linked up, thanks for hosting.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I love velvet!! Have you seen the velvet pumpkins that are out there in Blogland? I am thinking of making some of those for myself when I can find some time...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

Thanks for featuring my living room update. I love that wall of shelves too and I can't wait until the room is finished!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Looking forward to seeing all the mod mixes this week. Thanks for taking the time to host the party!
Liz

ANNE said...

Love that whole room! So inviting. Thanks for hosting, have a happy week!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What an amazing chair. I am so envious of people who can paint like that! Thanks for hosting :)
xo, Andrea

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Nita, Thanks for hosting. . . again! Life to the full, Melissa

vintage girl at heart said...

lovin' the links today! pinned a few already.
have a great week!

michele said...

so happy to join the party today, nita. off to check out other inspiration here.

smiles to you.

michele

The Charm of Home said...

Great features! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Make it Pretty Monday is live if you want to join in the fun. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

thanks for hosting-in Nita have a lovely week

Unknown said...

Hi Nita,
Thank you for hosting:), love the tub! Summer had been crazy, so glad to be back & a part of your party. Happy September! Jen

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Some great features here- I love that velvet lounging couch-or whatever it is- xo Diana

Scribbler said...

Great picks this week! The first photo with the lounge-y thing -- I think that is probably about the size of a twin mattress. And I think you are right that it would be pretty easy to copy. It would be a great way to add a sleeping spot for guest.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! So glad to be partying with you this week. Thank you!

Debra @ Life in a 320 square foot home said...

Hey girl! I am so pleased to present my son's loft, finally made into a REAL room that he can stand up in!

Thank you so much for always being so supportive :)

I loved your post on fake blogger dudes - you are a hoot!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Nita: Thank you for hosting the party! I love the turquoise and olive couch/bed in velvet--how luxurious! Your features this week are also very lovely. I hope that you have a wonderful new week!

Aprons For Women said...

I love this post your blog. Thanks for sharing us.

Cottage and Broome said...

Nita, Thanks you so much for featuring our, Red, White and Blue table setting!! It is really appreciated. I love that chair you featured also would love to own that! Thanks again, Laura