home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Open House Sunday 17

Hollywood Heights Neighborhood in Dallas
Built 1936
source
Charming all lit up at night. I must take an evening shot of my house like this.
I love those pots of geraniums across the front porch.
But then we step inside....
Fireplace is a nice shape but this house is kind of scary gothic on the inside.
Early Bordello/Dungeon Decor
Remember when I talked about the show Donna Decorates Dallas, here?
This bathroom could be incredibly cute with the right accessories.
Fi Fi Fo Fum I see the bed of a GIANT!
All the furniture in this house is way too massive and dark but the house has great bones.
I do like this outdoor kitchen.


Also in Hollywood Heights
What do you think about those rough edged counters?
Of course the whole room is too faux.
Ok, I really don't like those counters or the way the cabinets are painted.
I like this room.
Very nice patio.

Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both homes are fabulous. Just not my decor style, but they have wonderful architecture. Hugs, Marty

Cindi Myers said...

Hmmm, usually I think that it's best to have a home furnished when it's for sale but on the first one, I couldn't get past the dark heavy furniture to even focus on the house itself.
And the second one is just OK.
Except I HATED the countertops.

If I was moving, I'd keep looking.
But then again, I like white and black and silver and lots of light.
:( - Cindi

Debra@CommonGround said...

I love your house tours, but I agree, I wouldn't have been able to see past all the "big and dark"!Love the outside area. xo Debra

Debra@CommonGround said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Great bones and great outdoor spaces in both houses, but not my kind of decorating. Way too dark and depressing inside. The last home's faux kitchen reminded me of an RV. Just imagine what they could be with more light and color!~Hugs, Patti

Karena said...

I am wondering what the Realtor said to the owners of the 1st home!?

Something like get rid of all of the black, dark huge pieces! You are so right though, great bones,and possibilities!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Ivy Lane said...

I agree, great bones for both homes... decor...not so much...colours...not so much... lovely furniture...but not for these spaces... faux painting..not so much!

Happy Sunday!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the dark colored walls in one of the bedrooms. So much inspiration here!

xxoo

Unknown said...

I always love your Open House Sunday. I agree with you on the first house, too much massive furniture. My friend Lisa calls that castle furniture because that is the only place such massive furniture would look good.
I hope Newman is feeling better.
Traci

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Decor is not the best, but both homes have great bone structure, love the outdoor area on both.

Claudia Fabiana said...

I always look forward to reading your blog. These houses have so much character and style!

Pop on over and visit my blog too, if you get a chance...

ciao

Diane Writes said...

Hello Nita! I love both homes but each one has some weakness too. I agree with your opinion with the first home The details in the bedroom, dining room and sala are great except for the bathroom. More accentuating pieces could make the bathroom more posh, elegant and comfy. And I love the shot taken at night time too. It makes the place looks so homey and relaxing. The second home is so wonderful too. I love the room that is so colorful. The patio if given perhaps a fiber glass roof is a very ideal spot for family get togethers or relaxation after a busy day. I enjoyed this post. :)