home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mod Mix Monday #11

Modern Cottage
Isn't this all so pretty? So fresh and femine and modern and cottagy.
For this week's Mod Mix Monday, I thought I'd share some photos of modern cottage rooms.
I found all of these at BHG.com courtesy of a photo that Beatrice Banks pinned.
This is the one she pinned that led me to BHG.com
I adore that chair with the green fabric. This coffee table is to die for too.

Talk about Modern Cottage...
Lets look at my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style brightened up her sun room with the addition of a red rug.
This room looks like it came straight out of BHG.
Carrie at Lovely Etc. turned some fuddy duddy clocks in to very pretty scrolly mirrors.
Korrie at Red Hen Home turned an ugly dresser into this lovely creature.
I recently saw a dresser on Craigslist like this. I'd love to have this in my home. 
I'm trying to think of a spot for it. Hmmm....maybe in my office?
Katie at Wildwood Creek took a ho hum dresser and made it a stand out.
I love the color.

Dressers were good this week....here's one more...
Jaime at Crafty Scrappy Happy took the standard french dresser and made
it one of a kind.
Not only is the color scrumptious but I am really digging those library card pulls.
I probably never would have done this...but I really love the way it looks. 
Way to Mix It Up!

Lots of really great stuff showing up each week at Mod Mix Monday.
I enjoy it so much!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much in the way of new projects lately. 
I do have several projects in the works and planned but I'm having a hard time getting things done.
My sister has been ill and has been in a long term care facility this past month. 
But she seems to slowly be getting better and we hope she will be back home with her husband 
and four weenies within two more months. 
So I've been going to see her there a lot. 
Mom has been taking one of her dogs up to see her once a week which has really helped to keep 
her spirits up. Only one of her's can go. Only one is well behaved enough. 
The others would run willy nilly.

Prayers still needed so much for my best friend and cousin, Shelly.
Chemo did not work this time and so she will be going to MD Anderson soon to try something new.

It has not been the best summer...I'm thankful that I'm healthy but I don't feel very healthy because 
I am so worried about others.

But that is life.

So on to this week's Mod Mix Monday.....I want to thank all of you for taking the time to link up each week.
I enjoy looking at all of them so much and love sharing all your projects with my readers.
I know it takes time to link up so....Thank you!

25 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your sister is so unwell. I can see why your have had such a rough summer. I sure do hope that things get better soon, Nita.

Thanks for having me today. I seem to have chosen quite a few Mod/vintage mix pins to feature at my blog this week too!

Best wishes and take care,
Natasha.

The Charm of Home said...

Nita,
I am so sorry for your sister and cousin. Hoping all is right again soon. Thanks for having us. The features are beautiful!
Sherry

Noble Vintage said...

wow, that first photo is stunning! I may need to repin that for some inspiration for my own living room. It's got the vibe that I am missing! I'm really sorry to hear about all the sickness that is surrounding you right now. We had a summer very much like yours not too long ago, and I know what you mean about not feeling well, even though you're healthy. You will be in my prayers for better days ahead for all of you.
thanks for hosting, this is my first time linking up to your party!

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Thank you, Nita, for featuring my dresser and hosting Mod Mix Monday! You have been a real inspiration to me.

So sorry to hear about your sister and cousin. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nita, thanks so much for the feature being amongst these other great ones. So sorry to hear about the family illnesses.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I had some comments on the great dresser remakes but will just say prayers for your sister and friend.

The French Hutch said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister being ill, and your pal Shelly not any better. That's a full plate dear. I'm surprised your hear at all. Thanks for sharing all of the lovely photos, and great featured blogs. thanks for hosting.......

~Emily
The French Hutch

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Great photos! I love the first one and the sun room! They are all great and my kind of decorating! Prayers going out to you at this time of family sickness.~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your family and friend. We are facing similar challenges here this week.
I know if I were ill the best therapy for me would be my pets - rowdy or not!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Hi Nita...So sorry to hear about all the sickness...it's so hard.
Long time follower but I'm linking up for the first time, (meat for plant stakes # 13) Thanks for hosting! Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Ricki Treleaven said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Nita. I am so sorry to hear that Shelly's chemo did not work. My daughter has been ghost writing a study for a neurosurgeon on the history of the virus and how virus attack and kill cancer cells. I hope MD Anderson will help her. I also hope that your sister's recovery is speedy. I know she wants to return home to her husband and weenie pups!

I really enjoyed this week's features, and the colorful cottage images are divine. I *heart* the first one in particular.

I have tried linking two posts to the party, but I was unsuccessful. I will try again later.

(((hugs))),
Ricki Jill

the gardener's cottage said...

nita,

i'm so sorry to hear of your cousin/friends cancer. i'm heartbroken for you.

i've tried to link to your party but i am apparently incapable and don't know how.

xo
janet

Amy Chalmers said...

Wow this link party has it all~from basketball cakes to Jackie O toilet seats!! LOL, plenty to go and see! Nice features, and I LOVED the first two images and pinned themself! Prayers for your family coming from me. xo

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love BHG. On there a lot. I was just prepping a post to let others know you can get their weekly newsletter right into you inbox and you can customize what you want to see as well. Great resource but I just adore that first and second rooms.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and family. I will say a prayer for them. Hang in there.
I love that first room. I have a book on cottages and that picture is in that book. It still looks fresh and pretty.

Custom Comforts said...

Love the pictures, especially the first one ~ so happy, bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing and hosting us.
Cindy

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

So sorry to hear about your sister and cousin. Hope you continue to retain your good attitude through the rough times ahead.
Thank you for featuring my dresser!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

You are so kind Nita. You didn't have to give me credit for the pin. Thank you. I guess you can tell I'm doing a lot of pinning these days. Trying to get ideas for my house. I've got to get back in the blogging groove! Trying to catch up with everyone. So sorry to hear of the illnesses of your family members. That's a heavy burden to carry. Praying for their health and peace for you in the midst of it all.

Cindy said...

Hi Nita,
I didn't have anything from my home to show today, so I am linking my neighbors homes instead!
I love all of the images you showed us today! They are all so inspiring!
The first one is my favorite, the combination of colors with the white is just so beautiful, I think.
Hugs, Cindy

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and your friend. I'll say a little prayer for them.

Cindi Myers said...

I'm so sorry that your cousin and your sister are going through all of this. I will have them in my thoughts and prayers! Please take care of yourself my friend! This kind of stress can be hard to handle even for the healthiest person.
XOXO - Cindi

Shabby Marilyn said...

Thanks for hosting, I know this is hard times for you, as others I send my best regards your way! Hang in there and take care of yourself!

very merry vintage style said...

I hope brighter days are ahead and prayers go out to your loved ones for good health. Nothing cheers you up like a visit from a sweet pup! Thanks for hosting. Love those first two cottage pics!
Mary

1 Funky Woman said...

You had me at "Yell-o". So loving that chair also. Great inspiration pics!

Prayers to you and your family!

Megan

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring such beautiful home decorating ideas!

The Lovely Lives of Madeline & Jane

FOLLOW THIS FASHION BLOG :)