home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, August 1, 2011

Mod Mix Monday #10

Soon to be Vintage?
source
Aren't these delightful?
Seems our ordinary light bulb is becoming quite the regarded object d' art these days.
I think we are all valuing it more as we realize we may never see it again soon.

Myself...I hate all the new bulbs.
I like the good old fashion ones and the new ones are bad for the environment.
Read all about it on this blog created by Claudia of The Paris Apartment....
 But I think making small vases out of used light bulbs is a great idea.

Last week's Mod Mix Monday was full of inspiration as usual.
I've picked out a few of my favorites.
Amy of Maison Decor transformed her family room with the addition
of a brightly colored rug and new accessories.

Stacy of Conspicuous Style glamorized her bedroom.

Gina of A Sense of Design turned a very small and long bathroom into
an unusual and sparkling loo. Love that mirror!

Stacey showed off her brand new kitchen at Poofing the Pillows.

All fabulous changes. Let's see what you have this week....just link up below.

Don't forget to enter my Uprinting giveaway here.




Anything new mixed with something old, anything vintage with a new twist,
something new given a vintage feel. Just mix it up.
Please link up to the exact address of your post...not your blog's address.
And please include a link to my blog so other's can find their way here.
If you enjoy this party....please follow me!

19 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Nita, it truly makes me ill that our normal lightbulbs will be gone. I am going to stock up.

Amy Chalmers said...

Hey Nita! Thanks for putting my family room in your feature list. I have to say I hated that room until the fun mod rug went in. I am going to see the other features now, and one of them gave me an inspirational idea just by looking at your feature pic!

Unknown said...

I am with you Nita! We are stocking up also! Hate the new bulbs and hate even more that "they" think they can force them on us! Love the flowers in them! Very Clever!!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am so with you on the light bulb thing. I had heard some members of congress were trying to revers this. I hope they do. The energy efficient ones give off ugly light.

Unknown said...

Great picks from last week. I've pretty much missed everything for the last month. almost linked to your party with the little girls b.r. that I just posted, but didn't know if it qualified?

Stacy CUrran said...

Hi Nita! Thank you so much for featuring my bedroom. There are so many beautiful projects in this party, and I'm honored :)
Stacy

Etcetorize said...

Love the lightbulb vases! Soooo pretty and a great way to recycle. Definitely going on the "to do" list~

Linda Hartong said...

I am stocking up on the "old" light bulbs. But what a clever idea. I also love the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I believe there is only 1 place left in the U.S. that manufactures old style bulbs any more.
Around here burnt out bulbs get repurposed into yard art and crazy critter noses.
Great posts featured. I too have a long skinny bathroom. It could use some glam. The guitar room looks inviting and comfortable.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Nita! I am linking up this week with my little louis chair that has an unexpected colored fabric- hope that works! :) Thanks for hosting! :)

offset printing said...

Hey there. I think the bulbs are really great decorations. You just thought me how to really manage the old stuff/throwaway ones at home to become useful. Thanks for sharing.

Cindi Myers said...

Oh! I love this post!
I just visited all your picks from last week and WOW! Those women are so creative! I loved each one. I started to read the link to the post about the lightblubs and came back to comment before I forgot, but I agree! Ban the Ban!
Now I'm off to visit this weeks links!
:) - Cindi

Stacey said...

Oh wow, thanks for showing my kitchen. Can't believe it's Monday already. I've been working in my classroom and hiding from the heat. Not much blogging. :)

KTbee said...

i love those light bulb vases! i've got to make some!

1 Funky Woman said...

I hate the idea of the new lightbulbs. I keep telling my husband we need to go out to Lowes and buy a couple cart fulls of the classic bulbs so we have them for a while!

Love this vase idea too cute!

Loving that mirror in the bath too!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Please! I am so with you on keeping mercury-free lightbulbs in our homes! This new ones are scary!

Love the pics, they all look so lovely!

Teresa said...

I'm with you on the lightbulbs...hate the new ones....thanks for all the inspirational pictures.
Happy day

Ellise @ Charles Whyte said...

Those light bulb vases are pure genius!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Thank you for inviting me over to join your party! I am happy to be part of the fun! :o) I am off to explore the rest of your blog!