home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, March 21, 2010

1st Day of Spring?


Well, it's the first day of Spring. You would never know to look out my windows. Everything is covered in a thick blanket of snow. Unbelievable. Last weekend....Spring was in the air and this weekend it's like we time traveled back in time two months. It's suppose to be warming up immediately, but this is so strange. So I was all about Easter bunnies and daffodils last week but feel like Spring has been put on hold for a few days at least. 

I shot this photo last weekend of a corner in my breakfast nook otherwise known as the Weenie Dog Condo. This is the room the weenies reside in during the day while I'm at work. It's a pretty little room but the floor has three dog beds on it that they rotate out sleeping on...they all like to sleep together in a pile...so I don't know why I have three beds in there...when they only use one at a time. But I want them to have choices. 

So above is a photo of one of the corners of the room. The photo on the wall is of my neighborhood park. The lamp base I've had for awhile with various shades...I recently bought this lamp shade on Ebay, thinking the combination of the two would be nice. And it is.

The other side of the wall, I've hung a print by one of my favorite artists. Today I'd like to point you towards his website. 

Mark Ryden


Not only is the subject matter of his paintings quite unusual, playful and thought provoking but he's a master with the brush. Being a painter myself....I'm very critical of painting and drawing quality. It's not enough for me that it's a good idea and the colors are wonderful, it better be executed with great skill and Mark Ryden is a master.

Here are a few samples of his work...but be sure to go to www.markryden.com and view more. He's been working on a new series of paintings...can't wait to see what this group of paintings reveals.




I forgot to say that they are beautiful but bizarre...I chose some of the less bizarre to share here.






and the one hanging on my wall - The Ecstacy of Cecelia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that lamp shade. It was a great ebay find for sure. And that art work, it is definitely beautiful and bizarre! Thanks for sharing.