home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Open House Sunday

Sweet Little Cottage in Atlanta
 built in 1949
This little house as all kinds of curb appeal.
 I love the way the driveway attaches to the front walkway and curves around to the front steps.
 very pretty front door.
 There is a tiny front entry

 The living room is bright. Freestanding cabinets mimic built ins on either side of the fireplace.
 love all the windows
 I really like the dining room with the mix of farm table and green chairs.
Love the bright floral curtains too and the chandelier.

 The kitchen is a simple galley one.
 But its got nice finishes.
It looks out over the deck
 Oh...this attic bedroom is very sweet. What about that pom pom fringed bed skirt?
It is pretty pretty pretty.
 A simple bath
 another bedroom
Oh...I liked that window shade, don't you?
 lovely little girl's room

 and the back deck
 This deck has great potential. It just needs lots of plants and accessories.

See full listing here

11 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

This is a very charming home that is much larger than it appears from the outside. I love the dining room curtains and pom pom trimmed bed skirt, too!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh my Nita I want to move to Georgia!!!! What a gorgeous home. So charming and bright. Love how they staged this home for the sale. Gorgeous.
Kris

ANNE said...

What a darling home!! I love this one!!! Happy Sunday xox

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Oh Nita! I LOVE this home. Every single thing about it! Thanks so much for sharing :0)
Have a relaxing Sunday!
Suzanne

Notes From ABroad said...

I would live there in a minute ! I love the look of the exterior as well as the interior .. super charming and comfortable looking. Maybe they will trade me a Midcentury Modern in NY State for this ? :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I could move right in!

Pondside said...

It's such a pretty house, without being prissy. It's decorated in a way that's true to its era. I love these posts, especially when the houses are from before 1950 - lots of ideas for our cottage.

Cindi Myers said...

Well shoot!
After reading the other comments, I'm afraid to say that I don't really care for it at all.
Sorry.
I guess it would be boring if we all liked the same thing all the time!
LOL!
But thanks for another Open House!

Debby said...

It's a beautiful home. The inside is perfect for that style of house.

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

What an adorable house. So much charm!

Cindy said...

That is a darling little house. The homeowner has a sweet and simple style that is very appealing. I'm sure it will sell quickly.