home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, October 29, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #74

Whacky Mix?
I tried to find a photo today that had the feeling of Halloween.
I thought this one did because it's such a strange mix but it's interesting and looks comfy and cozy.
The wall color and photo of Abraham Lincoln is kind of spooky but then there is the 
pink velvet love seat. There's a crazy chandelier thing. The shelf of National Geographics is 
really out there. Finally, something to do with my Mom's collection of these magazines.
I must show this to her. She could line all four walls of her living room with her back
issues.

There were sooo many things I liked in last week's Mod Mix Monday that I 
could talk about them all for a couple of days.
I had to force myself to just pick a few.
Andrea of Opulent Cottage styled her potting bench for fall.
Jennifer of Town and Country Living shared her Kitchen in progress.
Looks very good to me. That built in is fabulous. 
She recently added the freestanding cabinet to the right of it. 
Oh...how I love a white kitchen.
Just look at this media cabinet that Kim of Kim's Craft Cottage created from a vintage vanity.
It's better than anything you could buy in a furniture store.
It's a Steam Punk Halloween at The Charm of Home.
Love this.
Amy of Masion Decor is super busy reinventing furniture all the time.
This is one of her latest revamps.
This piece would fit in a Halloween display easily.
I can't resist this mid century media cabinet from Home-ology.
I love the mix of white paint and wood grain. 
I'm hoping the Craigslist God smiles upon me and lets me find something like this soon.
And by soon...I mean in the next year...because you know I already have plenty of projects.

So that's the wrap up for last week  -  on to next week.

I'll show the rest of my Halloween this week and then I am ready to get on to some fall stuff.
I just don't pay attention to fall stuff till after Halloween is over.
But I see on Pinterest everyone has already moved on to Christmas.

I just hate how Thanksgiving gets skipped over.
I don't like to think about anything Christmas till after Thanksgiving. 
And I don't like to think about Thanksgiving till after Halloween.

Christmas stuff gets put out earlier and earlier every year...
I'm sick of that....when is it going to end? Or why don't we just have
a Christmas department up and running in all stores year round?

I know retailers are scared that if they aren't the first out with their stuff, they will lose sales.
But it is ridiculous. 
Christmas stuff isn't special to me if I've seen it since July.

Link up this week's projects below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.




21 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!
We are preparing for Hurricane Sandy to make a bee line through Pa.

Hugs,
Debbie

bj said...

Hi, and thanks for hosting.
I am unsure if recipes are in the spirit of your link party. If not, please let me know and I'll stop linking them with you. Thanks...
xo bj

Amy Chalmers said...

HI Nita, thanks for putting up the No 2 dresser~it does kind of look Halloweeny! I am with you on the decorating one holiday at a time and in order! ANd now having stores, I just don't want to have to jump the gun, but many of my friends stores all are having xmas displays...it just seems weird to me.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Hi Nita! Thanks for featuring my kitchen. I think Hobby Lobby was the first store in our area to put out Christmas stuff. They've had it up for a month already! Can you believe it? Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

Oooh! I love the features this week! Thanks for hosting and Happy Halloween!

Kristy @ Shona Skye Creations
http://shonaskye.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Is it wrong that I would totally decorate a room like the first photo for year-round?

Pamma said...

Nita---we think a like. Let's take the seasons as they come without rushing through them. You tickle my funny bone. Thanks.
Pam

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa

Lynn said...

I agree with you. Soon it will be perpetual holiday season year round and no holiday will be special anymore unless we make it so.

Cottage and Broome said...

So many pretty post from last week. You are right Christmas is started way to early!! Thanks for hosting, Laura

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Thanks for hosting Nita!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for hosting Nita! I am a long time follower of MVL but this is my first time linking up! I will be back for sure! Have a lovely week!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Beautiful and wonderful inspiration! Thank you for sharing and hosting the Mondays!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

My daughter would just go crazy if I could find her a mid-century cabinet like that! I'm doing Thanksgiving decor too, no Christmas till November 23 here! Well except for our outside lights which we turn on after Thanksgiving dinner every year. Thanks for featuring my potting bench :) The naughty squirrels have destroyed it today.
xo, Andrea

Connie said...

You're right Nita. Sadly, our retail businesses skip Thanksgiving. Guess there's no money in it. Christmas at my house doesn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving. I decided if it takes more time than that I'm over doing it.

Jane said...

I loved your post from last Wednesday! You are Muy Creative!

Kit said...

I agree with you about taking the time to enjoy each holiday. This weekend I will put out all my vintage ceramic turkeys, amber glass, and bittersweet. I love Thanksgiving and am nowhere ready to start celebrating Christmas. Kit

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Thank you for hosting the party--lovely features.

Kim said...

Thanks so much for featuring my tv stand!

Scribbler said...

I always enjoy your features, even though I don't always have something to link.

I had to laugh at those National Geographics magazines. My father must have had every single one of them when he died in 1981. My mother had them hauled to the curb! We were all horrified, but she was adamant. They were kept in the basement, along with all his deer heads and antlers. LOL

Cindi Myers said...

I agree about Thanksgiving. People should make more of the Holiday.
I start thinking Fall in September because that's when the leaves start to turn here and by the end of month it's usually Fall weather. But not this year! Hot and dang it now it's COLD outside. I WANT MY FALL!
Grrr.
anyway Happy Halloween!
Love all the picks and I actually like that first photo, the wall color with the yellow of the magazines. Cool.
My fav this week is that Mid-Century cabinet (of course)!
Thanks for another great Mod Monday.