home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #71

A Mod Vintage Haunting
via
I love this little eating area.
The perfect vintage shabby table mixed with interesting chairs both antique and modern. 
Overseeing the whole spot - a spooky portrait.
But what is that? A disappearing cat? 
Perhaps it's the spirit of the lady in the painting's cat?
Spooky for sure.

Last week's Mod Mix Monday was soooo full of great fall stuff.
I really had a hard time choosing my favorites....but I'll try.
Judy of In His Grip went crazy with the silver spray paint and glitter and 
made lots of great things for her Fall display in the dining room. 
Angela at Number Fifty-Three shared more of her dining room. She covered this wall with 
old book pages! 
Crazy good.
The pop of peacock and the brass really liven up the wood of the buffet.
Normally, I like these old buffets painted....what am I saying?...I love them painted.
But this looks very good as is because of the way she styled it.

Of course I can't resist a shabby white buffet. 
Jennifer at Town and Country Living styled this so beautifully. 
What really makes this is that mirror on top.
Doesn't it?
Just look at Kim's spooky, whispy wreath at Made In A Day.
It's so simple and yet elegant... who could want more?
Debra at Common Ground always has special displays for the seasons and this
Fall is no exception. I'm loving this white pumpkin in an urn with a little bittersweet and leaves.
Laura at Whimsical Perspective painted a sofa table in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
This combo is a custom mix of Olive and French Linen plus some dark and clear wax.
I love that it has a light top. It's perfect for Fall.

Yep, it was another great week for Mod Mix Monday.
Seems they just get better and better.

Link up this week's projects below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your post, for sure.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.


18 comments:

Number Fifty-Three said...

Thank you so much for featuring my dining room! Have a wonderful week.

Angela

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Such a lovely bunch of features! Thanks for hosting, Nita :)
~Pernilla

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Thanks for featuring my buffet, Nita! And thanks for hosting! I got a kick out of your story about Harvey the Hero! Reminded me of Lassie. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting another great party! I love the awesome features. Have a great week. :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Nita, just linked up my friend's wonderful home decorated for Halloween! thanks for featuring my PB urn and pumpkin!!

michele@Betterorganizedliving said...

Thanks for the party! Have a wonderful week.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Love your inspiring photo of the day...so nice! ANd your features from last week are fantastic. I am starting to get into the spirit of autumn....I have been resistant!

xo,
RJ

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Thanks for the great start to another Monday! I always enjoy seeing what everyone's been up to!
Liz

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I adore that buffet with the turquoise accents too. I have been on the hunt for some brass candlesticks like those and you would not believe how expensive they are at the thrift stores here in Dallas! Thanks for hosting Nita!
xo, Andrea

The Charm of Home said...

Hi Nita,
Beautiful looks going on over here, enjoyed each of the features! Thanks for having us over.
Sherry

Kim~madeinaday said...

Thank you for featuring my wreath!! You made my morning!
Kim

Unknown said...

thanks for hosting Nita have a lovely week

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Nita: What lovely feature projects you selected this week--all so pretty and unique. Thank you for hosting the party today!

The Tablescaper said...

Your decor is soooo fun!

I host a weekly linky party - Seasonal Sundays - and would love to have you link next Sunday.

- The Tablescaper

Cindi Myers said...

Hmmm. I swear I left a comment the other day!? maybe it was just in my head and I never actually typed it?
boy, I'm losing it.
anyway, great picks as always.
I LOVE that black door.
:)
That first pic is totally my style.
Adore it!
xoxo - Cindi

Megan said...

Thanks for hosting! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse