home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #51

A Porch in Spring
Isn't this porch precious?
I love everything about it.
I had one of those pink flowering vines two summers ago but of course 
it did not survive the winter. 
I love that mix of pillows on the white iron bench too.

Here is Mod Mix Monday up very very late and I have no excuse.
None at all. I am just lame.
I was cleaning and rearranging in the kitchen after work yesterday and 
enjoying Franklin running in and out.
He loves his backyard.
I was drinking non alcoholic margaritas and pretending everything in my life is perfect.
Which it is not.
I did the same on Friday and Saturday too...which is why there was no
Sunday Open House.

I don't know what was wrong with me.

anyway

Here are my favorites from last week's Mod Mix Monday!
Betsy of Betsy Speert's Blog  linked up with a room from her neighbor's cottage in Florida.
She added the pretty flowing white drapes recently and they totally make the room. 
That and the octopus pillow. 
You know octopuses are to 2012 what peacocks were to 2011.
Steve at An Urban Cottage has a fantastic blog and his home is filled with wonderful things.
This guy has an eye for design that rivals any magazine editor. He decided to simplify a little 
this spring in his decor. If you don't know his blog, you should. 
And I'm not just partial because I designed his header. 
By the way if you need help with your blog design....I could use the extra cash...email me and we'll discuss.
Katie or Miss Dixie as she is known on her blog painted her sideboard.
I love a good sideboard makeover, especially a creamy white one.
Diane of In My Own Style took an ugly thrift store find and turned it into this incredibly pretty side table.
It not only looks great as done above but she made it where it could transform into several different looks.
See below...and she did two other looks too! I want this table...seriously...I want it.
Doodles and Stitches took a granny piano and made it play a new song
in this pretty shade of turquoise.
Pianos are always hard to decorate around but I sure wouldn't mind having this one
in my home after it's makeover.
DaisyMaeBelle found this 100 year old drop leaf table at a moving sale.
Isn't is just perfect in her space? 

I hope you take the time to link up this week even though I'm so late.
I love seeing what all my readers have done each week.

I'll have the photos from the Designer Show House this week. 
Everyone says they want to see even if they are super gaudy.
Should be fun to critique them. 
Even though I like this blog to be a positive space sometimes it's fun to slam things.

Please link up your Mod Mix's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.



20 comments:

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Thank you so much for featuring me! I am so happy to have found your blog and I am loving all of the other features- looking forward to checking them out!!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring my exciting furniture find - my new drop leaf table! I have just recently found your blog and love your style!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Thanks so much for featuring my exciting furniture find - my new drop leaf table! I have just recently found your blog and love your style!

An Urban Cottage said...

Thank you for the great compliment!

I STILL get a lot of positive feedback about the header you designed. I think it gives me a lot of credibility.

ANNE said...

Fabulous features! Thanks for hosting Nita!

Betsy Speert said...

Nita, I can't begin to describe how brilliant you are for featuring me!!!!!
You obviously have excellent taste!!!!!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Great features this week! Thanks for the party!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Sorry life isn't as pretty as the pictures you post on your blog -- you deserve the best.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita
Love your features. So many inspiring posts! So glad to be partying with you this week!

allisamazing said...

Great features from last week! Thanks for hosting :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting !

Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

I would love to chill on that lovely porch with a glass of iced tea! xo

Catherine {Stone and Rose} said...

I hope your week gets better for you!! Thank you for hosting another party!

Donna Reyne' said...

What a great porch!
I can just imagine a wonderful breeze and a glass of something ice cold! So inviting
Have a great rest of the week
Donna

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Love every one of your features! I'm posting my dessert buffet. Not sure it counts for your party but the buffet and several other things are antique/vintage and the chalkboard and medicine bottle are modern. The bottle actually came from Hobby Lobby. I'd love to start a collection of antique medical paraphernalia but it's quite expensive. Some day!
Don't worry about being lame. Blog when you feel like it. I love reading your posts any time.

Susan Freeman said...

Great porch and great features too.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Brenda Pruitt said...

I will have to link up to your party! I thought for some reason it was for "mod" decorating, and I didn't consider my style to be that.
Brenda

Cindi Myers said...

Your post really hits home.
I'm trying to pretend my life is just grand too. But lately it kinda sucks. LOL!
Oh well! I guess it can only go UP from here. :)
I think this weeks picks are possibly the BEST so far!
I'm loving those white flowing drapes and suddenly I wish I played the piano!
Steve's "An Urban Cottage" and YOUR blog are my two most fav blogs that I always have to read!
Great picks!
Maybe I will link up this week...it might help pull me out of this funk! :)

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Nita-

Thanks for featuring the table I transformed XO.

I feel the same way you do some days - right now is one of them as I just want to be outside and enjoy the change of seasons. We all need a little break from our blog routine every once in a while.

My best- Diane

Shannon Fox said...

Nita, I am sure you needed the time to relax, reflect and recharge! Sometimes, doing nothing is exactly what we need. I hope you enjoyed it immensely!!

Your features are as always, stunning! Lovely choices.