home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Open House Sunday

Pink Adobe
Or actually Pink Stucco....this wonderful Spanish Colonial once belonged to 
Clark Gable and Carole Lombard.
It was built in 1925 in Palm Springs.
Isn't it a romantic place?
I love the row of blue pots full of pink flowers.
 The grounds are so beautifully manicured.
This is how old Hollywood lived.
Inside you can just imagine Clark and Carole feeling very comfortable in this place.
It's masculine and feminine.
I love the spanish tile details throughout. I love everything about this room
except the tv over the fireplace. And that sectional is a bit unfortunate.
The cross timbers are amazing in the room.
Look at the bush that lights up outdoors. If you look at the first photo in this grouping...you'll see it's 
actually a metal sculpture in the garden. 
Love the big arched doorways. I know where you can get those chairs with and without arms.
The kitchen is very rustic...isn't it? I'm afraid I'd just have to paint those cabinets but I love
the fun tile.
I can just imagine Clark's hat hanging by the back door on the wall, can't you?
Here's a great room to relax in for the movie buff.
Another great fireplace.
One of several nice big beds to sleep in. 
 More Spanish tile.
I doubt this tile is original.
 That's a rustic bed for sure.
Of course there is a billiard room. 
 I'd pick this bedroom if staying here.
More tile! 
Let's look at the garden once again...see that metal tree? That is the one we 
saw all lit up from inside.

All of this can be your's see the full listing here.

8 comments:

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

I love the blue post lining the pathway! So pretty.

Sonia said...

Oh what a beautiful home! How fun that it is pink! Wouldn't go here in Oklahoma but in the desert it fits right in! Thanks for sharing..I enjoyed the tour!
Miss Bloomers

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love that style of home with the large living room and arched window...and those wonderful beams overhead! I'm not fond of wood kitchen cabinets, but I like them in that kitchen. What a fun house tour you've taken us on today, Nita!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

A few of the rooms are too rustic for me, but it's only decoration and would be an easy fix (should I be able to buy the house!)

Lydia Holden said...

Lovely bright spaces, I wish I could life there! Thank you for the great pictures!
Hourly cleaning services Bromley

Adam Hazlett said...

I don't see any light bulbs on that bush in the daytime photo...do you think it is a gas light with flames at night? I love it, but might be a tad dangerous in most front yards.

Curtains in My Tree said...


I had to go back and find the lite up tree LOL
I would just love to walk through a house where Clark Gable lived , He was so handsome !!!!

donna baker said...

Nita, my blog has been messed up for two weeks now and I didn't see the post about Daisy till tonight. I am so very sorry. Sister has had her surgery and can see now and is doing well enough that I have to chase her around while she is chasing the armadillo that comes to root every night.