home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, August 12, 2013

Mod Mix Monday #114

Love this iron bed turned summer sofa...don't you?
A big bunch of brightly colored pillows makes it the ideal spot on a summer's day.
I'd like to see it out on a porch but this little room will do.

As usual many pretty and inspiring things created by Mod Vintage Life readers this last week.
Lets peek at my favorites, shall we?
Cindy at Cottage Instincts named this table "Victoria" and she's befitting the name
with all her elegant turnings and scallops. Love her in the chippy white finish.
Cindy of Oakview Cottage added some turquoise and red splashes of color to her sideboard in the dining room. I love how cheerful it is.
Marty of A Stroll Thru Life turned some really tacky knick knacks into exquisite brass look a likes.
Gail of Purple Hues and Me was inspired by some cute burlap owls she saw that another blogger had bought. She decided to make some of her own and put her own spin on them.
She has a tutorial on how to make your own.
Rita or Suburbs Mama shared her play room / guest room.
This bed from IKEA really caught my eye all decked out in fun pillows.
Love the wall stencil she did in the room too.
Cyndi of Blue Star Antiques whipped this small buffet into shape. 
I can just imagine some baskets on those blue shelves. 
Denise of Bella Dreams has been working on her outdoor potting area.
She just got it all put together...plants to follow soon.
It's pretty as it is...I can just imagine how it will be full of growing things!
Can't wait to see!

Share your new mixes below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first time at your party, and I got the first spot, wow! Your house is so pretty, I love the arch. Thanks for hosting. -Dawn

cindy said...

Thanks for the feature! What a nice surprise for my Monday morning :) Thanks for hosting each week!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nita,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Gail @Purple Hues and Me said...

Thanks for hosting, Nita, and thanks for featuring my burlap bow pillow. Always love joining your fabulous parties!

Pondside said...

I'll have to come back here this evening to enjoy these projects - lots of inspiration!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Nice features too! Thank you Nita for the great party. Have a happy week.
FABBY

Cindy said...

Thank you dear Nita for picking mine as one of your favourites from last week.
I'm back for this week.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

What lovely features! Thanks so much for hosting the party!

Rachel Paxton said...

Thanks for the party, Nita. Have a great week!

Rachel @ Maison de Pax

Cottage and Broome said...

That iron bed truly is a "Mod Mix", it is fun and reminds me of the 60's. Thanks for hosting, Laura

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Such talented bloggers, love the features this week. Thanks for hosting Nita. Have a great week.
Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Hi Nita, thanks for hosting. Always enjoy seeing what other bloggers share. Great features from last week.
Denise

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Nita, hope this post qualifies. thanks for having us over!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thank you for hosting! Pretty features this week!! Wishing you a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Scribbler said...

I can certainly picture that daybed on a nice screen porch at a Tybee Beach cottage -- or I can dream, can't I? Thanks for the party, as always.

Unknown said...

Thank you Nita! I can't WAIT for fall Mums and pansies! I have added a pretty fern and a few other things that I'll show later this week. Just got through joining your party with my powder bath this week. This is always so much fun!
Denise

Rita said...

Thank you so much for featuring my play room, it was a nice surprise.

http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for hosting party!

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh goodness Nita, those big, bright, colorful pillows are my favorite of all the pictures you posted today. Thanks so much for sharing, they put a smile on my face on a rainy day :-)
Michelle / www.newengland-style.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for a great party Nita!

xo, Tanya

Laurel Stephens said...

Love all the features! Thanks for hosting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!