home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, March 5, 2012

Mod Mix Monday #40

Still Thinking Pink
This room is painted Benjamin Moore Pink Begonia.
I love so much about this room.
chandelier - check
pink walls - check
That lamp! - check
yellow chevron chair - and I don't even like chevron...let's just call it what it is people...zig zag
paintings - check
diamond pane windows - check
pink peonies - check
and what about that pink velvet covered chair? the velvet completely covers the arms! - check
that aqua and white settee - check
I guess it would be easier to say what I don't like.
The moroccan table is the only thing I'm not crazy about.

Now the favorites from last week's 
Mod Mix Monday
Korrie of Red Hen Home turned a card catalog into this fabulous and functional coffee table.
Jeri at Decorating Hemlock redid her mannequin with old book pages.
Betsy of Betsy Speert's Blog shared several of her collections.
I fell in love with these vintage birds.
Laura of Whimsical Perspective transformed a room in her house by painting and changing her built ins. 
Don't they look fresh now?
And finally, Art is Beauty created a one of a kind piece by painting and adding transfers to this 
little curvy table. 

I so enjoy all your link ups each week...

Link up this week's MMM's below.
Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.

If you link up..I'd appreciate it if you'd follow me.

sharing at




20 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a great room! I think the yellow and blue shades temper the pink nicely. Really pretty! And great features too! Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

lol you are so right about it...it is Zig Zag lol you are so funny

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Thanks for featuring my card catalog!

Susan Freeman said...

That pink room really pops doesn't it? I am going to pin it to my Pinterest board. You know who would like that room? Kirstie Alley. Did you see her Maine coast cottage all done up in pinks? Thanks for hosting and I am happy to be joining in on the fun.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

tearinguphouses said...

i like that sofa in the first photo.

Shannon Fox said...

That pink room is delicious! The white woodwork is stunning too. Wonderful features. Happy to see my friend Karin from Art is Beauty featured. Have a great week Nita. Hope you are feeling all better.

Art Is Beauty said...

Thank you so much for featuring my skeleton key table!!! You just made my night!!!!!
Karin

Jeri said...

Thank you so much for the love Nita!! From one Doxie mom to another- MWAHHH
xoxo
Jeri

Laura Bright said...

Thank you for the feature! What a surprise!

Cindi Myers said...

You are killing me with the PINK!
I'm just about to break down and paint my bedroom PINK!
and I totally argee about the zigzags. :D
I have nothing to contribute but I love your picks!

(When are you going to add Franklin to your weenie list! I'd love to see his smiling face everytime I come here!)
XOXO - Cindi

Amy Chalmers said...

love the room you posted about! I like how you pick apart the elements of a room, its like watching your brain analyze design. many of those things I would have missed~like the pink velvet arms on the chair.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! I'm so glad I caught your party this week! Thanks so much for hosting.

Pamela said...

All linked up Nita! Thanx for the invite. Love your features and oh that pink room is divine!

Kendra said...

Thank you for hosting! The wreath I posted is made from a Goodwill dress!

Cindy said...

Hi Nita,
I love the pink and yellow together, it's unusual but pretty.
Have a beautiful day, my friend.
Hugs, Cindy

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Love that pink room too! The yellow chair adds a touch of the unexpected. Chevron sounds more glamorous than zig zag! And I kind of like it myself! lol

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the pink room, my bedroom is about that color. It is a happy color to live in! Laura

Rooms by Ann said...

What a great party, I will be here next monday.

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous coffee table! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

barbandemily said...

I've been enjoying your pink posts. I've always liked pink rooms - I think it goes back to my elegant great aunt and her fabulous big old Italianate house - where my favorite "room" was a hall and bath done in subtle barely-there pink, decorated with beautiful sea shells from her travels. It's very "IN" now to pair shells with aqua for that beachy look, but I still like them with soft pink.

On another pink note, my favorite thrift store displays its dishes and nick-nacks by colour. One floor-to-eye-level set of shelves each for red, blue, white, glass, green, pink... Today the pink shelf positively glowed with warm, cosy pink - and it was a cold, grey, blustery wet day! Best of all, a set of Maimie Eisenhower pink '50's dishes came home to live with me!

I'll think of Aunty Grace every time I use them.

Barb