home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, July 25, 2011

Mod Mix Monday #9

Crazy Mix in the Kitchen
What do you think about this kitchen? 
It's really a wild mix of old and new.
Modern black lower cabinets with new sink and faucet. 
But then the random vintage turquoise upper cabinets.
Pretty serious antique maple table mixed with shabby chairs.
A brand new stainless range and what looks to be perhaps a wood burning stove on the other side of the kitchen.
This kitchen is really a mish mash...but it's quirky and pretty and I like it!
I'm sure it must be European.
Love this mixed up living room too.

Last week's Mod Mix Monday was full of good stuff.
It was hard to choose just a few to highlight but I did.
Ashley at 
switched around some existing bookcases to create the perfect media center.
Amy at
showed off roses from her garden in a decidedly modern vase in the middle of her french influenced living room.
Dawn from
used a vintage fireplace mantel on her front porch. 

and one more
Kristie at 
uses this vintage inspired dress form to display her collection of vintage jewelry.

All wonderful inspiration.

Link up your Mod Mix's for this week below. 

Anything new mixed with something old, anything vintage with a new twist,
something new given a vintage feel. Just mix it up.
Please link up to the exact address of your post...not your blog's address.
And please include a link to my blog so other's can find their way here.
If you enjoy this party....please follow me!


10 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

Wow, thanks for highlighting my funky vase! I have to say I love that mantle on the porch~how neat is that. And the dress form for jewelry is such a great idea and so pretty. The cube idea is practical and could be applied to apartments, kids rooms and dorms across america. You know, I think you might have coined a decorating term: a "Mixed Up" room!

Lisa said...

Boy, would I love to get my hands on a form for my vintage jewelry collection. I am a food blogger, but love your page - in fact, I am redoing a bathroom inspired by yours. Would love to participate in your party, but I forgot to take before pictures. How dumb is that? Anyway, you are an inspiration for me even though I am a foodie :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Ricki Treleaven said...

Thanks for hosting, Nita! I love the kitchen, and I would guess English based on the light fixture.

Awesome features from last week, too.

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Marie said...

Hi Nita - love the kitchen and love the living room as well. Thanks for hosting again, and I hope my post kinda qualified for your Mod Mix party!

Hope all's well with you!
-Marie

Cindy said...

I love that first image, it is a real mix, but it feels good!
Thanks so much for hosting this very fun party.
Hugs, Cindy

The Charm of Home said...

Hi Nita,
I love coming over here and seeing what you have been up to. I just love your style. Thanks for having us.
Sherry

Stacey said...

So many gorgeous blogs to visit. So many creative people. :) I'm joining you today with our kitchen project. Thank you for hosting.

Kristie at The Decorologist.com said...

Thank you for featuring my dress form, Nita! BTW, I really like your lovely blog header - it's fabulous :)

Atticmag said...

I love the originality of that kitchen. It's completely quirky, which makes it fun. Someone obviously did it themselves, and why not? Jane

Cindi Myers said...

Whoa, that first kitchen sort of reminds me of MINE! I actually have that table with intentions of painting it white. Yep, my home is a mix of black and white with splashes of color...I'll have to get busy and finish a room so that I can join up with your mod mix link! (other than posting other peoples photos! LOL!)
I loved EVERYTHING! especially that dress form! :)
XOXO - Cindi