home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Vanities

More Beauty

Seems like a long time since I've shown things around my own home.
I'm working on several projects and will show soon.

My Mom has an antique vanity she wants to give me. 
It's white and from the 1920's. 
It was my Grandmother's. 

I'll be bringing it into my home probably sometime this spring or summer. 
I used it when I was in college in my bedroom at home.
The bedroom I was rarely in because I was away at college.

Yes, my Mom built me a brand new room my freshman year of college in hopes I'd move back home.
This with my Dad saying THAT was not going to happen. 
And it didn't, I moved on to the first of many apartments.
But I did enjoy the room when I'd come home to visit.

It had periwinkle wallpaper with tiny little pink flowers (I still love that wallpaper) and
white ruffled curtains and lots of white furniture.

I liked the vanity then, but I wanted something more french but now I'm thrilled to have it again soon.

I already have a vanity in my now bedroom.
It is birdseye maple and I'm thinking I need a change.
I would paint it but would never paint over birdseye maple.

So I guess I might sell it. I don't know...but I have some time to decide.

17 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

The third vanity is amazing!! I love the large size of the mirrored table and all of the lovely things, the crystal lamps and that gorgeous chair.

Cindi Myers said...

I'm in love with the second look!
The bright soft white against the shiny dark clean wood....small, simple and perfect.
and now of course, instead of covering my floors with tile...maybe dark stain?
Girl, your posts drive me crazy!
But a good kind of crazy!
:) - Cindi

Debra @ Life in a 320 square foot home said...

Your bedroom story makes my heart ache just a little - my baby is 13, I know the time will come.....Yet, if he did stay at home, that would be a bit weird, I guess :)

Can't wait to see more of your home!

Debra

1 Funky Woman said...

The 3rd is also my favorite! I just love the feeling I get when I look at it. Love the mirror with all the photos, just gorgeous!

Megan

Jeannine 520 said...

I love the 3rd one. The chair is great, too.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love all of these images....so perfect :) Xoxoxo

Deserae said...

Beautiful! I want to crawl right in the first and second pictures and live there! LOL
~Des

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Oooh, I looove that blue telephone. Old school, but not trying too hard, you know?

Kelly

Connie said...

Love the vanities! I remember a white one that had belonged to my grandmother and was in my room as a teenager. When I went away to college, my older sister talked my mother into a new decor and out went the vanity never to be seen again. Now we all want the things that our grandmothers had and our mothers threw away!

Can't wait to see your creative self turned loose on a new vanity.

Mari said...

OHHH MY!!! THE FIRST VANITY IS JUST GORGEOUS :)
ALL THE BEAUTIFUL DETAILS ARE JUST SOOOO YUMMY :)

XO~MARI

Carrie said...

Beautiful!! I have the 4th one down, but I painted it black... wondering if I should have done the white... looks gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

I just discovered your blog via Visual Vamp and absolutely love it. I can't wait to look back thru your older posts and see all the lovely pictures. I love old vanities too, and look forward to seeing your "new" old dressing table. Thanks for mentioning the Spanish Colonial Revival Home Renovation show, I have that kind of home and it needs help too. You're so lucky to live in a Story Book house! WOW!

Olive said...

I love the third one too. We picked up my childhood vanity from my sis and I am turning it into a desk sans mirror for my kiddo.

Unknown said...

Nita, thank you so much for visiting my blog and thank you for your sweet comment.

Allison said...

I love the third vanity with the beautiful crystal lamps and the pretty chair. I'm also drawn to the simplicity of the pretty white vanity and chair in the fifth photo. The wallpaper is gorgeous! I would love to have that in my bedroom. How special it will be to have your grandmother's vanity!

Unknown said...

Oh, my! These are stunning!
I have an old vanity I was going to sale.... now I am thinking, could I tackle it with white paint and recover the stool? It just may have potential!

Marie Arden said...

Love seeing all these vanities I had a dressing table for years just took it down last year. But I saved it. I like the mirrored ones a lot. Love checking in on your blog to see all your projects
Marie Arden Pink Living