home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Sea Shells for Summer

Just a few photos from around the living room.
I decorate with shells in the summer months.
I thought I'd share because won't be long till it all changes to fall stuff.

I bought that little ocean life painting off Ebay.
It was painted in the 30's or 40's.
It's very nicely done and I love the original frame.




We are in the dog days of summer now.
So hot.
I've been trying to clean up things in the backyard.
It's been neglected while I was working at a store.
There just was no time and I was exhausted or working on my days off.
Doesn't take long for vines to take over.
I've been cutting and pulling.

The weenies are enjoying me being home...they want to go in
and out all day long..drives me crazy but a good crazy.

linking up at Debra's party at Common Ground

3 comments:

Judy said...

Love these pictures. Almost makes me sad I have put away my summer shell decor. Will save these pictures for next summer! So glad you are back blogging!

Debra@CommonGround said...

OH MY GOSH NITA!!! I had no idea you were back to blogging, I'm so excited and have missed you!! I had to go back through your posts this summer to see what you were up to. I've really missed your "Open House Sunday". You may know that we bought a "mid-century" home last late summer and have been redoing it since. We're getting ready to start landscaping soon (I hope), but I have to tell you, seeing all the older homes redone in OKCity really helped me know something great was possible with what we were starting. Thanks so much for coming by and linking up. I'm so happy you did, now I can start keeping back up with you. so glad to see you, friend!

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Oh my goodness... I am in love with all of these vintage treasures! I love seashells! I am so happy to feature you this week at All About Home:https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/all-about-home-link-party-2/

It's good to have you back to blogging!I hope you will join us often at All About Home. You can also link up at Thursday Favorite Things every Thursday on my blog. Have a great week!