home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #170

 via
I'm not much for heavy browns and golds in my house so fall colors 
aren't my decorating choices. But that photo above from Better Homes and Gardens
illustrates how just a little of fall's colors warm up a space.
I adore that room above.
It's elegant and casual at the same time.

Seems the theme of this week's favorites from Mod Mix Monday is light 
neutrals mixed with just a little of Fall's colors. 
See below...
 Brittany of The Rococo Roamer shares her source for authentic swedish mora clocks.
Isn't her's fab?
 Melissa of Shabby Love linked up her amazing fall mantel.
All the cubby holes filled with fall things...is really a treat to see.
 One More Time Events shared her lovely Fall mantel. It's all silver and dried hydrangeas.
 It wouldn't be a Mod Mix Monday without the appearance of Darrielle of DD's Cottage.
First her Fall Mantel Design!
 And she painted up this pretty little cart too! Love the style of this thing.
Darrielle of DD's Cottage and Design did it again!
Delia of Revived by Delia linked up this pretty dresser. 
In the before this dresser was so ho hum but afterwards it's just so wonderful.
I love the lines of it. I'd love to have this in my own home.

Oh...and finally my friend Cindi at Old Black Cat Boo did a cute post about 
all her fur babies trying to stay warm together.

Pillow giveaway is still going on....
click below to enter



Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.

18 comments:

Laurel Stephens said...

I love the soft colors in your features today. Thank you for hosting your party, Nita. I'm off to see those cute dogs snuggling together.

Cindi Myers said...

Oh my Nita!
I'm looking at the features and thinking about what to say in my comment and then I see my "kids"!
Thanks for posting about them!
LOL!

I love your picks as always.
I'm always blown away by all the talented bloggers out there!

Fall colors are my favorite I think.
I love White and Black with Browns and Greens and Turquoise and a sprinkle of Orange.
Thanks again!
xoxo

Melissa said...

What a nice surprise it was to see my fall mantle featured here! Thank you so much! What a great start to my day! :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party, Nita!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Thanks for another great party Nita! I love the features. My daughter would especially love the feature from Shabby Love. MUST share it with her!
Blessings,
Patti

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Love all the wonderful features, Nita. Thank you for hosting. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cathy

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

I really like Delia's dresser! Stopping by her blog now to see the "before" pics.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yes, I agree with you Nita; that first image Is beautiful! Lovely features too.
Thank you for hosting sweet lady.
Have a wonderful week.
FABBY

Unknown said...

Thanks for the party, Nita!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I was drooling over that authentic Mora clock last week! And Melissa sure knows how to style her wood cubbies! Great features, Nita, and thanks for hosting again this week!

Vickie

Amy Deal Detective said...

I love the shabby chic look so much! Great style and I just adore that clock

karen@somewhatquirky said...

You always have the best features!

One More Time Events said...

Nita....Thank you so much for featuring my Fall Mantel what and nice surprise. All of the features are great! Hope you have a great week! Tammy

Kyla - House Of Hipsters said...

BHG nails it! Thanks for hosting a great party! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm not a fan of autumn colours either, but that first picture makes me swoon.

Candy S said...

The puppies have stolen my heart. How sweet those little guys look. I can almost feel them shivering, I do hope they stay warm this winter. Thank you for hosting Nita..... Candy

DD's Cottage said...

Love your party as always Nita and the fact that you love what I do. Double Feature made my day! Love all your features

Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend, and thanks of hosting this delightful party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey