home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Indian Summer

 Sorry, Mod Mix Monday didn't happen this week. I'll just do it next week.
Too much going on with starting the new job. 
Which is going really well. 
I'm spending this week just getting to know all the lines of furniture.
Last night when I came home I came around to the back deck and the geraniums, though it is October 22, looked the best they've looked all year.
I couldn't resist taking a few photos.
 Silly Sally running around the deck. 
My deck needs to be cleaned and refinished so badly.
That's a project for next year!
I've been saying that for several years.
 Coleuses went nuts. I think you are suppose to keep them from blooming 
but the bees love the blooms so I just let them bloom.
 Harvey and Sally
 My wall fountain looked better earlier in the season. 
But it's still blooming like crazy.
 I was going to replace these geraniums with pansies the other day but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 
They are super healthy. So I'll wait till after it's really cold to put out some pansies.

 Sweet potato vine shows no signs of slowing down. 
One day I'll come out and it will be all dark and withered when it gets cold.
 I tried to get some good photos of Franklin but he was busy hunting squirrels.
 Here you can see how long his fur has gotten. 
He's got a very beautiful coat and it's very very soft.
That's a show worthy stance.


13 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

Glad the job is going well so far--enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

Such a cozy place! Love the dogs! They make a home don't they? :)

Christine at Little Brags said...

LUV the stringlights in the pot!!!! xoxoxo

Cindi Myers said...

Happy to hear the job is going well.
I hope it ends up being the perfect match with you and your decorating skills.
Love love love seeing your pups!
MORE photos please.
Yes, my flowers are looking great right now too.. and will most likely die in the coming week. It's like they are having their last hurrah.

Vicki said...

Everything looks so pretty and lush-- including the doggies! Hope you're having a great week!

Laurel Stephens said...

We still have our summer flowers here in Boise, too, and are enjoying them. It's the latest ever!

Adam Hazlett said...

I remember every Halloween at my parent's home in Virginia that Mom's red impatiens would bloom so big and healthy. I would stick a big plywood devil, that I designed and Dad built,
out in the bed with a red light shining on all of it, and those impatiens would simply glow a neon red, it was amazing!!! I would get compliments from the moms as I handed out candy. Then, by Thanksgiving, they would be wilted.
So glad your job is going great!
I got my step daughter a job at Pier 1 this season, I hope she does well and I hope they keep her.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Glad the job is going well! I love seeing your yard, as mine here is covered with leaves and it is cold and rainy tonight as I write this.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your patio is so welcoming, I feel like stopping by today to have tea with you. Then you can tell me all about your new job. I'm so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Everything looks great. Love these string lights in the pot! And the dogs are very cute.
Professional concrete polishing Bromley

Sonia said...

Your patio garden is just lovely...why is it that our flowers look the best before they freeze..of course this fall has been wonderful! Not complaining! Glad you're liking your new job!

vintage girl at heart said...

It all looks like it is thriving. our weather has been so warm...my summer stuff is still blooming too and i can't bear to cut it back yet. the weenies look like they are enjoying being outside and moseying around. :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Wow! Your flowers are still flourishing in October! And your poochies are enjoying them, too. :o)